DMDs and gray hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMDs and gray hair?

I have been on Copaxone for five months. About two months ago, I noticed that I have about 20 or more gray hairs on the top of my head. I have only had one that I have ever seen in the past, and my hairdresser has never seen more until now either.

I'm 34, so gray hairs sprouting wouldn't be unusual, except that every single gray hair is new growth, incredibly fine, and all short enough to have begun growing since I started my meds. Every single one.

I asked the specialty pharmacist about it, and he said he'd never seen it in the research. It's possible it's coincidence, of course, although women in my family don't tend to gray for another 5-10 years. I have light hair and the grays are a pretty silver, so I'm OK with them growing (as if I have a choice. ). It's just...odd.

So, could the meds cause it? I thought I'd read that stress causing grays has been debunked, but I could be wrong.

I started to go grey at 18 and was significantly grey by age 25. I'm the only one in my family to go prematurely grey, lucky me

I always pay attention to any mention of going grey because of my situation, and I don't think anyone really knows all the triggers other than genetics.

This will bump your question up!

Comment

If that is your only side effect consider yourself lucky, but maybe attribute it to the stress of starting an injectable med?
      Take care, Wiz
      RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

Forgot to mention B-12 deficiency, thyroid imbalance and anemia a other possibilities of premature greying.

Comment

Originally posted by ewizabeth View Post
          If that is your only side effect consider yourself lucky, but maybe attribute it to the stress of starting an injectable med?
          Sadly, not the only side effect. Just the weirdest.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsayyes View Post
            Forgot to mention B-12 deficiency, thyroid imbalance and anemia a other possibilities of premature greying.
            All of those have been tested in the past few months. I guess I'm just going gray!

Comment

Originally posted by Justsayyes View Post
              This will bump your question up!
              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X