fever and ice cold feet with Avonex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fever and ice cold feet with Avonex?

I have noticed that the night of my shot, I get very feverish but my feet (up to above my ankles) are like ice cubes. I premedicate and hydrate, etc etc, but the cold feet and hot body combo tend to keep me awake. Anyone else have this?

Not exactly, but I did used to run a fever and get chills. I do premedicate with Aleve, and then take another dose 4-6 hours later. For the chills I would use an old fashioned hot water bottle, which is safe to fall asleep with. Taking a benedryl seems to help have a more restful sleep.

I still feel extra chilly a few hours after my shot, all over not just my feet. I do my shot in the late afternoon so I can manage the side effects and get better sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by andi b View Post
      I have noticed that the night of my shot, I get very feverish but my feet (up to above my ankles) are like ice cubes. I premedicate and hydrate, etc etc, but the cold feet and hot body combo tend to keep me awake. Anyone else have this?
      I used to. My hands also .....but I quit Avonex about 2 months ago and now that you point it out,??? It seems to be better without the Avonex?
      Perhaps the Avonex did cause this?
      Perhaps I just don't get the fevers and chills anymore?

I new my body did this; (the weird fever with cold feet and hands thing), but I never connected it to avonex.

I was on it for 12 years and the side effects were really starting to wear on me.

I am not advocating that you quit Avonex!!!
      Just wanted to validate the symptom you are dealing with.

As a remedy???
      If I get up and force myself to walk up and down the stairs untill I am out of breath, the problem subsides some.
      (But who wants to do stairs or exercise when you are laying in bed, exhausted,shivering with a fever????)

A hot water bottle or heating pad can be pretty nice and much more pleasant.

Don't know if Avonex and this symptom are connected as I am only a test of one man's experiance.
      (for what thats worth?)

Comment

Working...
      X