YES IT IS ME AGAIN..MORE ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES IT IS ME AGAIN..MORE ???

OK THIS IS GETTING REDUNDENT..TODAY SEEMS TO BE MY DAY OF INSECURITIES..1ST THE CONSTANT GOING POTTY NOW MY LEGS HURT ALL DAY AND MY NECK ALSO IF I MOVE MY HEAD TO QWIK IT IS LIKE THERE IS A BELL RINGING IN MY HEAD...AM I JUST GOING CRAZY OR DO I NEED TO GO SEE A SHRINK??? MY DAUGHTER SAYS I AM JUST IMAGINING THINGS..AM I??? I AM TIRED I AM GOING TO BED

Originally posted by hapbear View Post
    OK THIS IS GETTING REDUNDENT..TODAY SEEMS TO BE MY DAY OF INSECURITIES..1ST THE CONSTANT GOING POTTY NOW MY LEGS HURT ALL DAY AND MY NECK ALSO IF I MOVE MY HEAD TO QWIK IT IS LIKE THERE IS A BELL RINGING IN MY HEAD...AM I JUST GOING CRAZY OR DO I NEED TO GO SEE A SHRINK??? MY DAUGHTER SAYS I AM JUST IMAGINING THINGS..AM I??? I AM TIRED I AM GOING TO BED
    sigh about your daughter. I am forever telling my husband that I am not imagining things. It is literally IN my head - but not being imagined. I keep busy all day, so I am not driven crazy by my symptoms (well except for L'hermittes - that one makes me SO crazy) - but I constantly have new symptoms. I have started "leaking" urine - and having swallowing issues. I forget to tell the nurse some of my symptoms when i talk to her b/c I have so many new ones. Don't feel bad about it. I always say to my husband - I wish I were imagining these things. He has stopped questioning me and started blaming the interferons. I guess it is progress.

HUGS. Hang in there.
    Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Hapbear everything you mention are common MS problems. The going potty at least every hour drives you crazy especially if you work where folks notice you are constantly running. Everytime I would bend my head I would feel what I called an electric shock. If you can learn to except all of these things happiening to you the shrink is not necessary and you can tell your daughter you're imagination is not that good.

Lois

Comment

Hapbear,
        I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and how it came out of nowhere. My recommendation is that you find a therapist for yourself, someone who specializes in illnesses (chronic, cancer etc.). This doesn’t mean you are crazy or imagining anything. Your therapist will have resources for you which will help you get through the many ups and downs of this unpredictable disease. Therapy will provide you a place to be afraid, angry, sad, and more, having someone objective to talk to will help a lot. Once you establish a connection with your own therapist, I recommend finding a family therapist (not YOUR therapist) where both you and your daughter can go. Your daughter and those close to you are going to be a critical part of your support system. They need to learn everything they can about MS.

You may want to take them to one of your neurology appointments too. I can’t help but to wonder how old your daughter is. If she is young, teenage or younger her response could stem for many things, including fear and denial. If she is an adult, she still could be afraid and in denial. However; if this is the case (she is an adult) she should sit down at the computer with you and read about MS from some of the most reputable MS websites available. You will both see that there is so much to this disease and it manifests itself differently in everyone. We are like snowflakes………

I wish you the best. Take care of YOU.

Comment

Working...
        X