Prickly hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prickly hands

Wow, this is the first time, I have had this happen! I have prickly sensations in both hands and chills and more prickles running up my arms. YUCK! My hands...this hurts...it is like
    I don't know, they are not red or anything...

Does this happen to any of you????

Lemon

Maybe, but not as aggressive as your describing. I get prickling feelings in my fingers and has spread to my hands, but not my arms. I would describe the prickly feeling like when it feels like when an extremity fails a sleep and is starting to wake up.
    COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

Sorta, but stronger

This sensation goes beyond the usual tingle, it feels like I pushed my hands into a rose bush...it burns too, it is varying in intensity.

Weird!

Lemonn

Comment

I've had that. For myself, it is the beginning of that feeling increasing all over my body (an exacerbation or flare).

Did this just start?

If so, please call your neuro and tell them you are hurting (and from what I gather) hypersensitive to touch.
        It might not be the most fun, but a short treatment of steroids can stop the flare, doing less damage.

I don't want to scare you, I promise, so read this calmly.

Comment

Yes, stronger. I like the falling and waking up pins and needles 'cause everyone knows what that is like, but yes a lot stronger and painful burning feeling. I tell my dr. about my legs, burning, tingling, pins and needles painful feeling. I get it in my fingers also, and sometimes hands and rarely parts of the arms. Legs are my every day issue or problem, but yes hands and arms too.
          COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

Calm

I am calm....but undiagnosed
            so, there is no help for me...I hate limbo

I will leave a message for the neuro, but he will not do anything.

Thank you for being so sweet, hugs to you!

Lemon

Comment

Originally posted by yellowlemon View Post
              I am calm....but undiagnosed
              so, there is no help for me...I hate limbo

I will leave a message for the neuro, but he will not do anything.

Thank you for being so sweet, hugs to you!

Lemon

Dear Lemon,

This might be your lucky day.

If this is a new symptom, if might be considered an exacerbation.
              That could help you actually get a diagnosis.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with your history.
              So, if this has been discussed, please forgive me.

I've had that sort of thing before, my neuro didn't have to test me, I didn't need an MRI, I just got 3 days of steroids and felt better.

Please remember that your doc works for you and you are always able to find another. You might have to impress on people that this could be your answer.

Stick up for yourself Lemon!

Comment

I get this painful prickly sensation when I get overheated, just about every time. This is when I know I have pushed myself too far. It does hurt....it is like tiny pins are being stuck in your flesh - a ton of them all at once.

Comment

thank you

Twisterred,

Sorry if I spelled your "name" wrong. You are right, I will call the neuro...maybe a new one!!!!
                  Thank you.

I am just so tired I cannot even think straight...I bet you know that feeling.

Thanks to you all,
                  lemon

Comment

Working...
                  X