Discrimination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrimination

I worked as a main manager for a car dealership when I was diagnosed with MS. I quit for awhile and the owner asked me to come back, which I did after 8 months. After I had been back awhile he began to do things that would force me to quit. Huge discrimination issues. When I didn't he fired me and I was told by my direct managers that he did this because I have MS. I have filed a complaint with my local EEOC and I want to sue the pants off of them. Any advice?

It depends on where you are. Some states enacted "right to work" laws which wound up taking away from labor and giving more strength to companies.
    Car dealerships tend to be treated as small businesses which gives them more wiggle room than, say, a large corporation.
    The tough part is finding witnesses who don't mind losing their jobs to help you out.
    Sorry, but I'd guess you have a pretty steep hill in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by 252752 View Post
      I worked as a main manager for a car dealership when I was diagnosed with MS. I quit for awhile and the owner asked me to come back, which I did after 8 months. After I had been back awhile he began to do things that would force me to quit. Huge discrimination issues. When I didn't he fired me and I was told by my direct managers that he did this because I have MS. I have filed a complaint with my local EEOC and I want to sue the pants off of them. Any advice?
      I'm sorry you've been unfairly treated by your employer, 25272.

You might want to check out our "Employment and MS" forum for more information pertaining to your EEOC complaint:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Comment

My employer is doing the same, I think. I work for a newspaper, and yes I know there are deadlines, but lately I'm expected to work an 11 hour day the day before publication.
        There are only three of us writing/ producing the paper. One full-time, two part-time.
        Without blowing my own trumpet, I really do do the bulk of the work. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done. (Alright, I am blowing it a bit.)
        I even do all the proof reading, which is interesting for spelling standards, to say the least.
        If there's a story 80kms away, or on terrain I will have trouble with, I am sent to do it.
        They knew right from the start I had MS. They know I can't walk very well, and I have told them repeatedly that working very long days exhausts me for the rest of the week.
        They will not let me swap days to the quieter part of the week, because the other person apparently isn't up to it.
        I think they want me to resign, so they won't get in trouble for discrimination.
        On the other hand, I could well be paranoid.

Comment

Working...
        X