Lactose Intolerant - from Medications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lactose Intolerant - from Medications?

Just curious, is anyone Lactose Intolerant?

Our situation is a little strange, both my husband & I have MS. Yes, it is rare but does happen, both of us had MRI's, Spinal Tap etc, tests and by the way our symptoms are slightly different.

My husband is lactose intolerant and we didn't think anything of it. Until I noticed recently, I've been a little sensitive with milk products (nowhere near my husbands issue). I did a little research and found out there is "Lactose" in Provigil and wondering if others with MS are now experiencing Lactose Intolerance?

It is so hard when you have MS, because these symptoms or flares can be so many other things and you have no idea. It's crazy when you go to a doctor and they ask what are your symptoms. Do you tell them everything or only what the doctors specialty is?

By the way, I decided to write down all my symptoms (75) and gave them to by Neurologist. I told him to figure out what was related to MS and wasn't (smile). He did laugh.

I am also lactose intolerant, which I developed around my 30th birthday (some present). I don't think that there's enought lactose, used as a filler in capsules and tablets, to trigger an attack. We're talking milligrams, here. In answer to your other question, yes, tell your doctor everything. You don't know what will be applicable or not - some of the darndest things can ring a bell!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
    X