Neuropathy in feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuropathy in feet

My husband is experiencing painful neuropathy in his feet. He has progressive ms and cannot move his legs. The pain usually becomes unbearable in the middle of night. He has to wake me up so I can move his legs and help alleviate some of the pain.

Does anyone have experience with this and know of any treatments? Thank you.

DonnaB

There are two medications for neuropathy, Neurontin and Lyrica. Have your husband check with his doctor and see if he can get a prescription for either one.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Also-

I also have Neuropathy in my feet. Very painful! I could not take Neurontin and/or Lyrica. I tried them both and Lyrica did not work for me and I had a reaction to Neurontin. My doctor put me on Elavil 50 mg. Within a few weeks I had alot of relief with my feet. It does not take it away, but it makes it bearable. It is an older drug and it's main use is for depression, but they also use it for Neuropathy.
      So keep your chin up. There is relief out there- you just have to weed thru and find what's right for you. Good luck
      The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

Yes neuropathy is bad. I have it and am on Neurontin. Hope your husband finds some relief.

Comment

Working...
        X