Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find information on an upcoming seminar on MS in Altoona, PA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find information on an upcoming seminar on MS in Altoona, PA?

Hi, about a month or two ago I got a flyer in the mail saying there will be a MS seminar in Altoona, PA on Monday, April 11, 2011, with a few MS doctors speaking. I put it in my google calendar and then forgot about it. It just popped up now, but I've lost the flyer I got in the mail with the hotel name and times. I thought it may have been sponsored by the National MS society (or maybe not) but I can't find anything about it on these boards after searching for over 2 hours.

Did I just not search enough for it? Where would information about this event be?

Hi Marty

I just browsed around your local chapter of the National MS Society and couldn't find a seminar. Saw some teleconferences.

You can check it out in case I missed something.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha...PAX/index.aspx

Also, it might not be an MS Society event?

I'll keep looking.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Marty

Couldn't find any MSAA (Multiple Sclerosis Association of America) events in Pennsylvania in April either......

Take care,
      KoKo
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Marty:
        Copaxone's Shared Solutions is sponsoring an event in Altoona on April 11th. Could this be the one you're thinking of? http://www.sharedsolutions.com/Livin...nt-Search.aspx

Comment

Redwings

Thanks for finding that - I bet it is what Marty is looking for! (I would have never found it!)

Ask the Experts Monday, April 11, 2011

Program 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Featured Speaker(s)
          Joseph Clark, M.D., Neurologist
          Blair Medical Associates
          Mark Lipitz, D.O., Neurologist
          Blair Medical Associates
          Nickie McIntire, CRNP
          Marina Branda, PA-C

Ramada Altoona Conference Center
          1 Sheraton Drive
          Altoona, PA 16601

Appetizers will be served

Take care,
          KoKo

Comment

I checked the MSsociety, but I never even thought about checking the copaxone/shared solutions site, even though I take copaxone. Thanks for helping me, yeah, this is the event I was asking about.

Comment

Hi marty:
              I'm glad I was able to find the information for you. I hope you're able to get to the seminar on the 11th. It would be great if you learn something new that you could share with us. But if not, at least you'll get to enjoy some yummy appetizers!

Comment

Yeah I made it, the room wasn't full but was about 1/2 full. My main question was if I was taking the best medicine (copaxone) if I go out heavily drinking each weekend. And they said it was, because of the lack of liver problems (which I figured).

And I have intention tremors so I asked about medications I could take cause my current ones weren't working, and they gave me suggestions.

And there was a bunch of other questions, too, it lasted the whole amount of time it was scheduled for. So it was productive, at least for me.

Comment

Working...
                X