?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

O.K. I am on my third day of not being able to walk with my cane. Called the nuero again still no call back. Heres my thing I am taking baclofen, obviously it is not working why am I still taking it. Heres my other thing......
    Someone please advise on how you keep going.
    Besides the fact that I cant walk right major drop foot plus numbness in legs so they dont just "stride"
    Muscle twitches, even had a few in my face today, numbness tingling in legs. Concentration and focus forget about it. This morning me and my coworkers started laughing and my throat just all of a sudden felt real small, then I got scared and felt like I was going to be able to breathe. Had to stop myself from laughing and tell coworkers no laughing today. Voice is harsh and energy level is just shot. I called my gp today just to ask for advice sine nuero isnt calling back.
    I walk to and from break and lunch at work 6 times a day. It use to take me 3 minutes each way. Now it takes about 5 mins. I do not walk straight and I look like a drunk. It is hard psychologically as well. Any ideas? Suggestions? Started taking magnesium today maybe that will help. I do not see how people are expected to live this way, I have actually felt disabled for the last three days

It sounds like you may be having an exacerbation.
    I'd continue to call the doctor until I got a response!

Feel better, and keep us posted!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I hope you feel better soon

I agree with jazzgirl. It sounds like you need to keep after that dr till he answers you! My neuro always took at least a day to get back to me and it drove me nuts.

Comment

Well...it's Friday and still no call back from the Dr. And yeah I am defienetly having something. I am actually starting to get get pains in my back, feet and my leg muscles are hurting. I believe it is because my legs arent working so it is throwing everything else off.
        So I live in North Carolina and trying to find a "house" neurologist
        I was thinking about maybe going to Multiple Sclerosis of the University of North Carolina's Department of Neurology. Anyone from the area with any advice on a good doctor? I guess I am just having a hard time figuring out who is good. Really don't want to waste anymore time.
        Today I asked a coworker a ? and forgot the answer in less than 5 mins. I had to reask. I also brought some papers to another a coworker and then the next time I saw them I said did you get your papers, I didnt and still dont have any memory of gicing him those papers. He says I handed them to him personally????? Apparently I also asked my son the same ? three times today, he was a little annoyed. I just apologized

Comment

One more thing...yesterday I was having face twitches, not sure if I said this already. I get them around my eyes but I was also getting them by my mouth. And the last couple of days if I don't take my Baclofen "early" enough for the first dosage hiccups are back I use to get the hiccupps everyday I havent had them in a long time, till lately.

Comment

I'd go ahead and call the University of North Carolina ASAP since your Neuro isn't doing you a bit of good. Explain to them what's happening to you and that it's a bit of a desperate situation. Maybe something will happen for you.
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

I use potassium which i notice when i don't take it in the morning---doc asked if i was interested in ampyra, but i didn't try it--maybe it would help you?
              xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

another thought

If you have decent insurance, you could go to the hospital. They would at least probally give you IV steroids in case you are having a flare. They will also call your neuro and make him respond.
                If he does not respond they will assign you a neuro to handle and follow up. At least that's how they do it here. I Found my current neuro that way.
                I would not let myself suffer waiting on that Neuro! Good luck!
                The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

Working...
                X