Question about chemotherapy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about chemotherapy?

I've seen some posts where people with MS have been treated with Chemotherapy? Why do they do this? What does the Chemotherapy do?
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

It suppresses the immune system. I've been warned by cancer patients not to try this until absolutely necessary - it can be pretty unpleasant. Though I'm sure some people have good experiences...

Comment

I took Methotrexate orally for 4 years, and had only one Novantrone infusion. My white cell count took a nosedive after the first infusion, I had to do a "rescue" with Neulasta, and never finished the protocol.

In my opinion, the Methotrexate was very easy to tolerate, with very few negatives.
      “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
      Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I have been doing Novantrone infusions every three months for about a year and a half. I have tolerated it very well and have only had one bad day where I had to rest a little more than normal during that time. You can only do the infusions for two years because of the risks of heart disease and leukemia, so I am hoping that Gylenia gets approved for SPMS and I can move onto that. The Novantrone does seems to help things stay the same, so it is an option if needed.

Comment

Working...
        X