Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/7/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 4/7/11

Hi Everyone. Here we are marching along in April. Is anyone shopping for an Easter bonnet? Maybe that’s too old fashioned. A new Easter outfit would be nice though. Smaller sizes can be so gratifying. Our total weight loss last week was 3.3 pounds which is very respectable. Two of us stayed the same which is also good news. Unfortunately I gained half a pound this week. I am seesawing of late. I swear I have cut back on food intake but obviously not enough. I’ll make a valiant effort this week.

Sparky, good for you for your one pound loss. Your efforts are paying off. All of your walking also must have a positive effect. Keep on truckin’.

Poohb3ar, your .3 loss is definitely worthwhile. You are inching to the 160s which is another milestone. Keep up the steady work.

MamaBug, two pounds is great. That is wonderful that you are coming up on a fifty pound loss. That is quite a milestone. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working.

Agate, steady as she goes. Staying the same continues to be success. It is funny you should mention fiber because that is what I had planned on talking about in Tips for the Week. Don’t get discouraged by staying the same.

CCOP, sorry to miss you this week. I hope you are doing well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week:

Fiber is very important in the diet for more than one reason. Fiber helps give a feeling of fullness and it lasts a relatively long time in the stomach. Fiber adds bulk and helps move food through the colon which is good for elimination. The recommended amount of fiber for women is 25 grams and for men 38 grams. Unfortunately we tend to eat processed grains that have had the fiber removed. The best sources of fiber are grains such as wheat and rice. Choose whole wheat bread and brown rice as well as whole grain pasta and crackers. Oatmeal is also an excellent source of fiber and is very filling. Fresh vegetables and fruit can add fiber, especially if left unpeeled. Beans are also a good source of fiber. Make a concerted effort to increase fiber and notice the difference in how long it takes to feel hungry compared to a meal of low fiber content. An interesting article in Aetna Intellihealth cited a study that reports people who eat high fiber diets live longer than people who do not. The study stated that risks of death are lower for heart disease, infections and respiratory disease. Cancer risk is lower for men who eat a high fiber diet which is not true for women. Clearly, fiber is an important substance for dietary health and weight control.

Weight loss Results for 3/31/11:

Total Loss:

3.3 pounds by three members. Good going. Keep up the momentum. Remember that small increments are valuable and add up faster than you may realize. If you are losing small amounts you are preparing yourself for long term success.

Total Gain:

0 pounds by no members. Reporting gains is an important part of the process. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the future. Don’t hide. Next week will be better.

Stayed the same:

2 members. Remember, staying the same truly is success. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

3057.88 is the total weight loss for the past 8 years. Now that we have hit 1.5 tons we are on our way to losing two tons.

Stayed the same this week.

Stayed the same this week. And, yes, this week, especially, that IS success. I've been on steroids for 3 days. Had, previously, during the week, lost 0.6 lbs, so, I was on my way to a 1.0-1.5 lb loss this week, probably.

Just a fairly low (for me) dose of steroids. 80mg per day, rather than my usual 1000mg, when I'm in a flare.

It'll be a 10-day course, so, with all 7 days next week being on steroids, I'll likely post a weight gain.

Not what I wanted, as the wedding is approaching, but, this is my life:
    • flare=steroids=weight gain=(new addition to my pattern) weight loss again, before the lbs add up to 50 again.
    29 weeks: Total weight loss since September -- 36.8 lbs

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

i want off!

this roller coaster. it's driving me crazy!!!
      gained 1.1 lbs. since last thurs. at 172.2 now.
      if i'd posted yesterday it would have been 169.8! what gives???
      how can it fluctuate that big? granted my mom-in-law is here and cooking up a lot of good old southern comfort food. but i've been very careful of portion control and even skipping out on 1 of the 2 meals she's serving everyday.
      i was so excited yesterday but thought my wii was playing tricks so i weighed 3 times! all were the same. now this
      oh well, motivation to do better until she'sgone. praying for willpower!
      take care and God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

i`m thinking i want to join. i have no idea what i weigh. i`m in a wc 24/7, so exercise isn`t an easy thing. pooh knows how much i do from the wii group. i`m diabetic and have been for 40 years this may, so if i may, can i offer suggestions when they pop up? way to go everyone!!!!!!!

dave
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
          ...driving me crazy!!!
          gained 1.1 lbs. since last thurs. at 172.2 now.
          if i'd posted yesterday it would have been 169.8! what gives???
          how can it fluctuate that big? ...
          Well, Pooh.

It's probably just water weight, or something. That's what I tell myself when that happens.

Because, a lb is 3500 calories, and, you KNOW that you didn't eat over 7000 calories yesterday. The weight'll likely be back down by tomorrow.

~ Faith
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hunterd, You are more than welcome to join our dedicated group. I understand that you can't weigh in each week. One thing that you could do if you are serious about losing weight is to measure. If inches go down weight is obviously going down as well. Thanks for your encouragement. That is a really important part of the process. Blessings, Karen

Comment

I agree with Karen, Huntered. Measuring inches is a good way to gauge weight loss. Measurable success takes longer to track, for me, though.

For me, a 6 lb weight loss is equivalent to about 1" lost in my waist.

Or, 2.54 cm would be 6 lb, so 1 cm would be .42 lb lost, for me.

After you experiment a bit, you can find your conversion numbers.

~ Faith
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

hunterd, you'll find a lot of encouragement here.
                this thread by ShrinkKaren inspired me to start the wii/ exercise group.
                i think it will help you in your goals.
                hope to see you more here.
                God bless ya!
                "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

It is time to weigh in. Karen

Comment

Working...
                  X