gabapentin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gabapentin

My Neuro hasnt started me on MS meds yet but is whacking me with 3600mg of gabapentin a day plus Zytram xl 300mg for pain. Seems to be helping but leaves me feeling quite out of it at times. Just wondering if anyone else out there is in the same boat. After all the stories I hear about the MS meds maybe they are not so great to start

Take Care
    Tom

Are you taking that gabapentin dose all at once or is it through the day??

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

wow, that is a huge dose to start with. I started with a very slow dose - of 100 mg 3 x a day. I am new to all this though. I am on 200 mg 3 x a day now and about to go up to 4 x a day.
      Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
      ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

How long have you been on gabapentin? Most neuros start people out at 100mgs and work up. If your neuro started you on THAT high of a dose, I would be shocked! I was on 2400mgs of it but that was after being on it for years.
        Rae Roy

Comment

lol, holy cow that is a huge dosage to start with! I started with 200 4x a day and now I'm up to 800 4x day.

Yes it does leave you feeling a bit out of it. And for me sometimes doesn't do much help.

Comment

Originally posted by deadhead View Post
            lol, holy cow that is a huge dosage to start with! I started with 200 4x a day and now I'm up to 800 4x day.

Yes it does leave you feeling a bit out of it. And for me sometimes doesn't do much help.
            I am just bumping up to 200 mg 4x a day. How long did it take before you were at that dose? I started at 100 mg three times a day about 2 weeks ago. The dose I just bumped from (200mg 3x a day) didn't do much more than the 100mg dose. I am worried.
            Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
            ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Sala, when I started at 200mg's I called my doc 1 week later because it didn't do anything so he bumped it to 400.
              Now I'm at 800 and I'll be asking if I could go to 1000.

Don't worry because 200 is a very low dose Sala. It sucks trying to find meds that work. It takes time.
              Good Luck to you!

Comment

Working...
              X