JUST GOT OUT OF HOSPITAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUST GOT OUT OF HOSPITAL

YESTERDAY MY LEG WENT OUT FROM UNDER ME AGAIN, JUST WAS THERE ONE MINUTE AND NOT THE NEXT...SO I WENT IN TO THE ER WHERE THEY WENT AHEAD AND ADMITTED ME TO CHECK FOR STROKE...(I AM NOT DX WITH MS YET) THEY RAN CT SCAN AND DID MRI WITHOUT CONTRAST OF BRAIN AND LUMBAR SPINE...THE DR CAME IN AND DID NEURO EXAM AND SAYS THAT I SHOW SIGNS OF WEAKNESS IN LEFT LEG AND RIGHT SIDE OF FACE TO INCLUDE EYE..HE SAYS THAT IN HIS OPINION I HAVE MS..THE MRI CAME BACK NORMAL EXCEPT FOR ONE "QUESTIONABLE" SPOT...WHEN I ASKED WHAT THAT MEANT ALL HE SAID WAS THAT ONCE AGAIN IN HIS OPINION I SHOW ALL SYMPTOMS OF MS AND THAT WOULD BE HIS DIAGNOSES...I GO TO NEURO TOMORROW MORNING (HE IS FROM A DIFFERENT HOSPITAL)...VERY FRUSTRATED...I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE THINKS I AM CRAZY...INCLUDING MY YOUNGER SISTER WHO IS SO POSITIVE THAT I HAD A STROKE (CT WAS NEG) OR ANYTHING ELSE....ANYONE ELSE HAVE ADVISE? MRI WITHOUT CONTRAST VS WITH?
    Looking for answers...tired of feeling crazy

In the MRI world an MRI without contrast will show lesions if there is any. However, an MRI with contrast will show ACTIVE lesions or enhancing lesions. With contrast would show if you have an active lesion causing your symptoms. Hope this helps, and I'm sorry that you are having such a horrible time with this. Hopefully you will get to the bottom of it soon. Hang in there.
    Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
    Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Try to be calm...see a doctor outside of hospital
      [I]Tellnhelen
      Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Let us know what the new doctor says, we'll be anxious to hear from you!

Comment

I hope you feel better

And I hope your visit with the neuro gives you answers.

Comment

I'm sorry you have to go through all of this, I know its scary. I ended up in ER because they thought I had a stroke too and subsequently dx'd with probable MS.

The MRI shows white matter lesions; and also shows tissue damage. Most Neuros like to get them both with and without contrast. Take a copy of your MRI with you to see the Neuro and ask him to show it to you and explain. They usually are happy to do so. It also helps to write down your symptoms along with dates they occurred if you remember. The more information you take with you the better the doctor can make his determinations. But likely you will be in for many tests and visits before they will give you a definite dx.

Good luck to you.
            Hugs
            Kim
            Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Try not to stress about it, you'll be able to get more understanding when you see the neuro. don't let your sister get under your skin. as far as i know a CT is worth diddly when it comes to a MS dx.

Comment

Hoping you're feeling better and get some answers really soon. Not to mention the peace of mind of what is going on. Guessing yoru sister is concerned but sometimes opinions just aren't wanted. Hang in there.
                What if trials of this life
                Are Your mercies in disguise?
                "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Yes, take a deep breath.
                  You have good advise in all replies.
                  heres mine- to you-
                  For YOU, dont worry what your family is telling you.
                  But let them know you appericate the consern, But you are going to see a specilist, and can get more opionions from medicial pros.
                  and their emotional talk is making the matter more confusing and bring you down.
                  Let them know you will keep them in loop!
                  and you love them.

If you do have MS, there are all kinds of New treatments to consider, MS wont - kill you, it may change the way you do things in the future. You have a lot of living to do.

think of some questions for your Nuro.
                  Best Wishes- Live Long and Prosper!

Comment

Working...
                  X