lesion size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lesion size

I'm curious if any of you know of the relevance of lesion size. It's like pulling teeth to get all the info out of my ms-neuro, and I know I have a lot of questions, but it's frustrating.

I'm told that I have 8 small lesions, then 2 that are larger than 5mm, and those are the ones she will be watching.

Someone mentioned that since I had smoked for many years that they might feel the small ones could be related to damage from that?

LOL I haven't even gotten any information from my MS Neuro yet. I had an MRI in Jan before I was seeing him and just in the hospital and they said I had a few dozen i just too another this march ans still had active lesions but I haven't actually seen him to talk yet.

in other words I'm interested in learning about what quantity and size mean to so i can be educated and ask him the right questions next month.

Comment

very intersting topic. i don't think you can get an answer from the neuro, because its one of those questions that doesn't have an answer. i went looking for one but i only got a collection of facts & observations that didn't really answer the question. are you interested in any observations or i found, it doesn't answer anything?

i hate to put my foot into my mouth about a subject without an answer. i kind of want you to go first. what are you thinking about lesion size? you must have some thoughts on it. just like a lot of things in ms, there isn't an answer.

me i was diagnosed at 41, 19 years after my onset symptom of optic neurits, told this might be ms before mri were available, then had what i think were non dramatic symptoms for 19 years that didn't cause a diagnosis until i had my worst episode when i was finally diagnosed. my mri did not count lesions, it just said extensive white matter damage from ms--i too went and investigated lesion size, not really certain if it was really ms? i had been a pack a day smoker for 2 year, then it took me another 2 years of stopping and starting before i finally stopped-- about 10 years ago. that can & does cause lesions! a part of my mri showed that. then there is the effects of aging that causes lesions too.

i think it was my small lesion size that allowed me to live with ms so long before being diagnosed. you first then i wil respond with what i read and what i kind of believe makes sense? if i type it, is an observation i believe could be more true than not.

-doc's treat the person not the mri.
      -everything about ms is relative, an '-er" my worst is someone elses walk in the park. every one with ms has someone worse and someone better than they are.
      -docs don't treat to avoid a some kind of disability level, doc treat so the person they are treating for ms, has the least possible affects from ms. the doc does not compare ms people to other people with ms, just the effects of ms in that person, to miniimize how much ms effects the person.
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

My MRI report said I had multiple lesions. I don't really know what multiple means. I don't want to know any more about them. I rarely see a neurologist anymore. I feel they can't realy help me. I was in the hospital a couple years ago. They thought I had a stroke. Things were bad at that time I stayed a while had IV treatments for a week, then went home.

I don't want to know how many are active or inactivite, large or small. I don't plan on changing my way of life. I don't feel they can help me so I'll just live with it.

Other ailment I have they can help.

Lois

Comment

Working...
        X