FLU LIKE SX'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLU LIKE SX'S

I am at work sitting at my desk and suddenly out of nowhere I felt like I was getting the flu. My body felt like it was sick. My muscles and joints began to ache and i felt a sick weakness overcome me. I have not started on a dmd yet ,so I know it is not that. I was just wondering if that is yet another sx I have not experienced. Anyone else out there experience this as a sx and not a reaction to a dmd?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
    I am at work sitting at my desk and suddenly out of nowhere I felt like I was getting the flu. My body felt like it was sick. My muscles and joints began to ache and i felt a sick weakness overcome me. I have not started on a dmd yet ,so I know it is not that. I was just wondering if that is yet another sx I have not experienced. Anyone else out there experience this as a sx and not a reaction to a dmd?
    You're not alone. I get those all-over body aches and sick weakness episodes now and then. They come out of nowhere, last for several hours to a day or two, and then go away. I haven't been able to connect them to anything I've done, or not done. And I'm not on a DMD.

Makes it hard to tell if I'm coming down with something or not, it feels so much like the onset of flu.

Comment

I'm with you . . . I've had it happen several times. Will have the typical body flu-like aches, and it will pass. For me, usually lasts a day.

Comment

Sometimes I'm sure I'm running a fever, but when I check, I'm not. I'm usually tired feeling when that happens.too. I have discovered that now, when I DO have a fever, I get a zinging sound in my ears. That's new, since the MS.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

flu-like body aches

Right now I actually have that feeling of body aches or all over skin tingling and extra fatigue. For me, it's like I have the body aches, but I can tell I'm not getting the flu and that it's the MS instead. It's been like this since I had a bad cold that was going around. It think that stress on my body from the cold made this come about. Have you been sick or extra stressed lately? I really do think that can make our symptoms more severe.

I have taken Rebif since Jan 2010 and luckily never have the flu-like symptoms afterwards, so I know it's not the meds.

Comment

Working...
          X