Working hard but struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working hard but struggling

I was caught in the revolving door of trying to get a diagnosis for 7 years. I truly believed I had MS went the first sx's showed up. In my mind I had accepted that fact. I have a great PCP and he has done a magnificent job of helping me manage and treat my sx's. Well when I finally received my diagnosis, April 1st. hell of an April's fools day, my world seemed to turn upside down. No matter how much you convince yourself what is wrong with you there is something about the reality of a dx. My sx's seem to be changing with each day. I am not so sure I wasn't having a flare but I am not sure what constitutes a flare. I had several new sx's that lasted well beyond 24-48 hours.

My DW and I went on a weekend getaway and I was having problems to whole time. I never said anything to her until the last night when we were laying there talking. I told her I am not sure how good I am going to be at this whole MS thing. Long story just to say I am really stuggling with this mentally. I am already taking Elavil for depression but I take it at night. I am going to talk to my doc about maybe taking something else. Anyway I just needed to get this off my chest. I wanted to talk with my DW last night but she came home and had a bad day at the office so I listened to her instead. Thanks to the this board we all have a place to go.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I still hate those words...

Getting this dx is hard. I expected the dx but hearing those words was still painful. I was dx'd as a teen. I had no major flares for many years so my family ignored and denied I had any issues. As I got older things seemed to crop up more often.

When my dx was confirmed as an adult, I burst into tears. I knew the dr was going to say MS. But it didn't make it easer. I had to learn to live my life by completely different rules. It was NOT something I wanted to do. I still don't. Occasionally, I still cry.

But I learned. I learn more everyday. I am lucky is some ways. I have found things that work for me and I do my best to stick with them. When things don't work, I rethink my approach or ask for help.

Kudos to you for coming here. The people here are terrific. They have helped me solve a lot of dilemmas whether they realize it or not. I use the search function frequently.

Flares are usually symptoms that last longer than 48 hours. Some people get meds that can help. I'd talk to the dr about those. Has the dr told you what type of MS you have?

You are amazing. You put aside your own fears in order to help your dw deal with her problems. hugs for that.

Comment

struggling

Good for you for what you are trying to do.

Talking about it or putting it on here is a great way to vent what is going on.

Maybe you got the MS dx because things are worse. Not that it helps with the emotions of the dx.

Sometimes we put off, ignore, or don't see what is really bothering us until the MS dx is confirmed. It is not all in your head.

Good luck and great that you are going to talk to your doc about needing more.

The day I was dx I asked my Dr. to start a prescription antidepressant.

Taking a different one now.

Mary
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I AM CONFUSED!

I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS GOING TO WORK IT IS MY 2ND ATTEMPT TO POST SOMETHING

I AM CURRENTLY NOT TAKING ANYTHING FOR THE MS RRMS

I AM FEELING DOWN AFTER BEING ON COPAXONE FOR FOUR MONTHS THEN GOT OFF FOR 6 MONTHS
        BUT I AM FEELING LIKE I NEED TO BE RECHARGED MUSCLES ARE WEAK HEAD IS FOGGY

I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON

AND I STILL HAVE COPAXONE IN THE FRIDGE WOULD LOVE TO GIVE IT TO SOMEONE BUT NOT SURE IF YOU CAN JUST GIVE IT AWAY WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE ANYONE KNOW??

ANOTHER THING I MISS THAT CHAT ROOM AND CAN'T GET IN ?????

Comment

I know how hard it is to get the dx of MS even after many years of thinking you may have it. It took over twenty years for me and when I was finally dx I broke down.
          I think it is only natural for this to happen.

My emotions are still up and down I pray to God to get me thru ea. day.

You are a DH to your DW.
          You are not alone. I hope you feel better soon.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Its' hard since MS takes some of the control out of our lives. It's not like a cold or the flu, we can't tell ourselves to hang in there that it will go away soon. As I just posted in another thread, after 5 1/2 years I still go inot denial mode. I just remind myself that having the DX really doesn't change anything from before it was official. the SX would be there whether it was official or not. Not that it always works.
            What if trials of this life
            Are Your mercies in disguise?
            "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

broke down i was fighting and MS won

Hposted a couple of days again I was feeling up to par. I try to always think I can bet this I am a super powered woman of God and this to shall pass , as long as I go in the hospital. So here was our unfolding events the last two days .

First water heater went out , then entire AC went out , then it was my turn to go out--out of the house and check right on in to the hospital.

I am trying to train this hospital that is two towns away versus hours away.

But today is my birthday I just wish they had some key lime pie......I was told 5 plus more days to be in not to bad

Comment

Working...
              X