Copaxone Withdrawl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone Withdrawl?

Due to two bad reactions to copaxone I have stopped taking it until I see my nuero later this week.
    I haven't taken it in seven days. Today I had some weird stuff go on.

Has anyone else stopped taking copaxone and experienced anything weird after? Maybe it's just MS stuff popping up since I stopped taking it.

Any insights or experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Originally posted by bluemanda View Post
    Due to two bad reactions to copaxone I have stopped taking it until I see my nuero later this week.
    I haven't taken it in seven days. Today I had some weird stuff go on.

Has anyone else stopped taking copaxone and experienced anything weird after? Maybe it's just MS stuff popping up since I stopped taking it.

Any insights or experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you.

For various reasons, I stopped taking 'Pax a few times. I never had any issues.

The 'Pax won't suppress symptoms, only slow the disease. I'd guess that it's coincidental timing if your MS is acting up. I don't think a week off 'Pax would be enough to allow the MS to do anything it wasn't already doing.

Comment

due to too many flare ups i also had to stop using copaxone. had no type of reactions when i stopped.

Comment

There are no withdrawals from Copaxone. It is not addictive. However, it helps me a lot, so if I were to stop taking it, eventually I would have my old MS symptoms that would resurface.
        Take care, Wiz
        RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

I was taking Copaxone daily for 4 months and recently stopped due to severe skin reactions. I saw no difference at all at first but now that it has been a few weeks I am noticing an increase in that pesky tingling under the skin. I'm due to start Avonex but my dr's office and insurance company seem to be in no hurry to set that up.
          Jessi
          Diagnosed 11/16/2010

Comment

Sometime, I get over sensitive to what is happening. Maybe that's what is happening to you? Copax takes 9 months to build to full strength - so I doubt it's leaving your system that quick. Could be you were looking for something?

Comment

Working...
            X