All of the sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the sudden

The rehab center released Dad today. The lady that had told me he has been complaining of burning had the wrong patient. He is still peeing frequently but very small amounts. He has a Drs appt in a couple of days. We will address that then.

After he was home for a few hours he vomited. He told me that he very quickly gets really hot and then vomits. He said he had done this at the nursing home but didn't say anything. He was afraid they would keep him longer.

Anyone ever do this? He said every time he has ever done it he always gets very hot beforehand. But I know it isn't a result of overheating. I keep it at 68 in my house & it is very cold & rainy outside today,

Glad you got him home. But, wow, that sounds distressing for him, and you.

Could he possibly still have a UTI? I think a symptom of that could be small amounts of urine. On the other hand, that happens to me sometimes and I don't have a UTI, just a retention problem. Hopefully the doctor will run a culture to rule out UTI.

Hot flash and then vomiting...got me there, I don't know what that could be. Did they change any of his meds? I get flushing from a couple of my meds (but I don't get nausea...but nausea is a pretty common side effect of some meds.)

Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.

Comment

low grade fever

Do you think perhaps he has a low grade fever? I know all three of my kids will get very hot and then vomit just a their fever breaks.

Like previously mentioned his hesitation and inability to produce much urine could be a UTI. A fever would accompany that.

Could you call his doctor- even his family doctor- and ask if you could bring in a urine sample to test?

Hope things improve for him soon.

Comment

I don'tthink vomiting sounds like MS. If hementioned prior to the episode that he experienced nausea caused by vertigo, then....maybe.

One of my doctors told me not to assume that everything is because of MS. We still get to have other problems too. If we have a heart we can get heart probolems, GI tract, we can get GI problems....you get the idea. Rule out MS and start looking for the other causes.

Comment

I don't know what is going on. He has been fine ever since. Maybe it was nerves & excitement from coming home?

Comment

Working...
          X