All this neuropathy is driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this neuropathy is driving me crazy

I was driving home and my hands were tingling, numb AND burning all at the same time. My knees were doing the same deal - along with my left leg. My eye was twitching and my hands were trembling. These symptoms were driving me crazy and then I looked to the side and L'Hermittes - ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! I cannot handle all these sensations - they are driving me nuts. My aunt (my uncle's wife who has been diagnosed for 11 years) keeps saying I will get used to it - but WHEN? And will I go crazy first? LOL.

The L'Hermittes sign had only been happening once in awhile to me but it is getting worse and worse. It has happened several times already today. I am getting more used to it but it is still disarming.

Thanks for letting me complain.
    Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Originally posted by salamandertom View Post
    I was driving home and my hands were tingling, numb AND burning all at the same time. These symptoms were driving me crazy they are driving me nuts. My aunt (my uncle's wife who has been diagnosed for 11 years) keeps saying I will get used to it - but WHEN? And will I go crazy first? LOL.
    I hear ya about your hands tingling, numb and burning all at the same time. I had a wedding to go to this past weekend and my hands were driving me insane as well. I say it kind of feels like a bad frostbite. Then I've got the occasional buzzing.
    Jen

Comment

I was driving home and my hands were tingling, numb AND burning all at the same time. My knees were doing the same deal - along with my left leg. My eye was twitching and my hands were trembling. These symptoms were driving me crazy and then I looked to the side and L'Hermittes - ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! I cannot handle all these sensations - they are driving me nuts. My aunt (my uncle's wife who has been diagnosed for 11 years) keeps saying I will get used to it - but WHEN? And will I go crazy first? LOL.

The L'Hermittes sign had only been happening once in awhile to me but it is getting worse and worse. It has happened several times already today. I am getting more used to it but it is still disarming.

Thanks for letting me complain.
      Yes I know the feeling about tingling and numb hands. I had this since Dec. 2009 in my hands and feet. It is constant non-stop 24/7. I can't imagine not having the pain, it's been with me so long.

Hope you find relief.
      "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
      Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Oh Sasha - you are really having a hard time, huh? I hope it starts to get better soon! You were just diagnosed recently, right? So much for breaking into it gently....

Are you still on the baclofen? How's it doing? It's weird with me. It seems like it works...sometimes. Sometimes I take it and I feel, almost...loopy...and other times I don't. Sometimes I notice it helps with the tightness in my legs and my muscle twitches, and other times it really doesn't.

I know how all this sensory crap can drive you absolutely batty. My knees feel like they're burning most of the time, then my feet feel really tight and squeezed...it's sooo uncomfortable. I don't understand how ANYONE can say MS is a disease that doesn't cause pain. That seems to be pretty much ALL it causes me. Well, actually - can't forget the immeasurable cognitive gems it surprises me with, as well.

I thought I had experienced the L'Hermittes but after hearing you and a few others describe it, I don't think I've actually had the pleasure yet. I thought it was what was happening when I would look down at my thigh, touch it with my finger, and feel like a tingle or "shock" on my thigh. But it doesn't sound a lot like what you're experiencing - I am so sorry you are going through all of this!! Not to sound like a Pollyanna, but keep your chin up. (Something I need to start telling myself, too)
        Kristen
        DX'd 2.9.11
        Has NO idea what she's doing

Comment

Sasha,

So sorry you are having a difficult time today! Like others, I can relate to the tingling - have had it all day in my hands.

Not to make you relive it, but could you describe the L'Hermittes, please?

I hope for a better day for you!

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by LisMG View Post
            Sasha,

Not to make you relive it, but could you describe the L'Hermittes, please?

Lisa
            When I look down or turn my head I get an electric jolt - someone here described it best "like unzipping a zipper down my spine." It sucks. Lately the jolt is going out into my left arm too.
            Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
            ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I agree

I did not take my neurontin for a couple of days--I lost my new bottle and could not get a refill--I was going crazy with the hyperspasms. I feel things like water running down my leg and even my chi dog jumping on my legs was intolerable. I have tried Lyrica and Cymbalta but the only thing that helps is the Gabapentin.

Blessings

Comment

saladerton I haven't heard many mention that electric jolt. I had what felt like an electric shock for many years even when the MS wasn't acting up. I haven't had it the past several years. I guess the electricity wore out.

Lois

Comment

When I look down or turn my head I get an electric jolt - someone here described it best "like unzipping a zipper down my spine." It sucks. Lately the jolt is going out into my left arm too.

Thanks, Sasha. Hope you are having a better day.

Comment

Working...
                  X