Strangest symptom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangest symptom?

I'm curious to know what you would consider to be the "strangest" symptom you've experienced with MS?

Hope I didn't offend anyone with this question. Was hoping it could be taken as a "lighter side" question!

My apologies if it was inappropriate!

Comment

No offense taken by me.

I couldn't exactly choose think is the strangest.
      All of them are so odd and unique.

The tingling, the numbness, dropping random things, etc.

I asked my hubby what he thought was my oddest symptom.
      He mentioned double vision.
      I was thinking that too, but wasn't sure if I'd forgotten something (so may have come and gone, or just become "regular" to me over time).

So for myself: Double Vision

Comment

Hi Lisa--it's not an offensive question at all and it's nice to have some light hearted laughing at this crazy disease.

I'll start of with my current strange symptom--every once in a while during the day there is an invisible devil who pierces the back of my thigh with a pitch fork. I turn around to catch and stomp him, but have yet to actually see him. When I do, he's going to be in big trouble. Getting pierced with a pitch fork tends to send a person to their knees while yelling out an inappropriate word.

Comment

Hi HereIam....that same devil has been making house calls here as well - to the bottom of my foot!

I also think the jerky arm movements I have are rather strange...my daughter and I have decided this is my newest exercise movement....we call it "Doing the jerk"...lol.

Comment

RE: Strangest symptom

No offense here:

I would have to agree with the vision issues. I became color blind in my left eye and everything was blurry for days.

My second one would be having the right side of my face go numb for several days (it was like I went to the dentist and they overloaded me with novocain).
            Dx - February 2011
            Copaxone and now Avonex
            Amantadine for fatigue

Comment

They're all strange?

I wonder if there aren't many responses to this question because it's hard to decide the strangest, lol. I think my strangest is the times I feel as if the top of my head is wet. I'd just be working at my desk and reach up to feel my head because it suddenly felt soaked. I really had to control myself so my students wouldn't notice and think I'd lost my mind.
              Portia

Comment

Mine would be my burning mouth. It just feels so weird!
                DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

I get to tell my strangest, most frightening, yet most fascinating symptom!!! Awesome!

This happened a few years ago, hasn't happened since.... I got up out of bed and immediately fell to the floor. I had NO sense of up, down, left, right, forward, behind...nothing. The only way I "knew" what was down, was knowing that gravity pulls you down and I was on the floor. There was NO sense of direction. It was frightening, but so fascinating at the same time. I now know how astronauts feel in space, or how divers can get confused in the ocean!!
                  MS, it's a brain thang!
                  Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

My strangest might be this rythmic buzzing I had in my private area Felt like sitting on a cell phone vibrating. At first I though it was funny, then it got very annoying!

Comment

It's all strange to me.

Comment

fun thread!

I'm having the pitch fork feeling in my calf muscle. If you figure otu a way to catch that devil let me know, ok.

The strangest. I can't seem to tell which direction sound is coming from anymore. If DH's alarm goes off I have a tough time telling if it's his or mine, alhtough mine is rarely set anymore. Or, there was a ding on tv in one room (left ear towards it) and I thought my dishwasher was making a strange noise in the kitchen (right side).
                        What if trials of this life
                        Are Your mercies in disguise?
                        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I think probably the strangest thing that has happened to me was while I was driving in downtown Chicago. I was going along when all of a sudden the cars in my lane were driving on top of the roofs of the cars in the other lane. I tried to pull into the parking lane without hitting anyone. That was a real feat but I did make it. I covered one eye and could see ok. Just couldnt see properly using both eyes. I folded up a kleneex put it in the lense of my glasses and went on my merry way. That was an interesting day.

Lois

Comment

Originally posted by daisy.girl View Post
                            Mine would be my burning mouth. It just feels so weird!
                            I have burning and tingling tongue, but what's especially strange about it is it's only on the left side, almost like someone drew a line right down the middle of my tongue.

Comment

I think my wierdest symptom would have to be the swallowing issues.

The other night I made potato soup and while I was eating I was getting ready to swallow a bite, I put it on the back of my tongue just ready to swallow and there I sat, I couldn't swallow! It was just sitting there at the back of my throat ready to go down and I couldn't swallow! It took about 3 mins to get my throat to actually swallow I finally accomplishd it by taking a drink...LOL....TOTALLY WEIRD!!
                              Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
                              Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Working...
                              X