Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help..new scary sx..

kay not dx'd yet...just "probable"...

today while talking to a potential retailer for my hand painted tack, i blinked..and my left eye wouldnt open..just for a second..musta looked like i was winking.. funny first time, but then happened again...happened like 15 times in 2 hrs(i spent most of the meeting looking down because of this..) then stopped, but eye still feels "funny", achy and weak like...(no droop).

then a few hours later, my left leg went numb, like BAM! numb...so fast i "felt" it, and jumped up onto my right leg..lasted 1/2 hour, and IT feels "funny"..

now, i am having trouble seeing, blind spots, with not like my scotomas i get....i am a little un-nerved...

any any any clue whats up?

i am typing by feel...cant read what i wrote..words missing..
    your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Hi BR! I hope some of those symptoms have gone away and you're feeling better now. If they do continue, you should probably contact your doctor....eye, neuro or pcp? They sound like something that could be related to MS, but sometimes it's too easy to blame everything on this when it may be something altogether different.

I'm certainly not a doctor, but my suggestion would be to see one. Good luck to you, another Pennsylvanian.

Comment

I'll just tell you what my doc's office would tell me if I called in with those symptoms - you should be seen right away. And because it's a weekend, you know what that means.

Can you page your neuro? If not, you can call the ER, tell them your symptoms and see what they suggest. I'm thinking they'd likely suggest to come in.

That is scary. With your recent medical history, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable waiting.
      I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

I don't like those blind spots. This sounds like a trip to the ER I'm afraid.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

BR, how are you? I hope everything is okay. Please check in when you get the chance.

Comment

sorry!

ugh..had a ruff time lately! didnt go to er...HATE er's..never take you seriously..so monday saw rhum.,(already had appt), but she was no help, well, she tried, but cant, as she doesnt treat neuro sx's.

so she called my new neuro(my old fav one left to chicago), left message for his nurse to call me(and her)..they havent yet...

increased gaba to 1800, added plaqinil? but cant take it til neuro ok's it due to optic nerve lesions..

had ultrasound on kidneys...found gallbladder contracted, may be vausing kidney swelling...so hida scan scheduled..

ugh...pain, fever, eyes are killing me...legs wanna "give out".....hoping to feel better soon! will keep you posted..!
            your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the update. You are having a rough time. I hope they can get control over it soon.

How does a contracted gall bladder cause kidney swelling?

Hang in there. This stuff really stinks.

Comment

Working...
              X