Earrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earrings

I have a hard time putting them on. Any suggestions to make it easier.

toot
    toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
    Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Yes, ma'am. I ONLY buy earrings that you can clip together after you put them in your ears....like hoops. I long ago gave up buying earrings that you need to put a back onto, or ones that have no back at all. My holes are old, and invariably, I lose one of them.
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I only use the ones that hook on

I usually end up dropping the backs and losing them so I only wear earrings that 'hook' on. I also do them at the table with a light up mirror so I can see what I'm doing and rest my arm. I pull the earlobe out so I can really see the hole and hopefully, not have to 'pop' it open again. sigh

If I can't get it, I find someone to help, usually my bf. If no one is around, I don't wear them. Which is why I have to pop the holes open so often.

Comment

I too have that problem so I just got the kind that the back locks on the stud(like what they use for little kids) and basically I just leave them in unless I have someone to help me put new ones in.

I know it doesn't solve the problem of getting them in without assistance but since they lock on they do not come out so I do not lose earings like I used too.

Comment

earrings

Thanks for your responses. I don't feel alone anymore. Am going out tonight so I will start putting them in soon. If can't get them in my husband just says "sorry I can't help, no problem if you don't wear them".

Have a good day, toot
          toot

DX 1986 currently on TY

Comment

Have you tried clip-on earrings? No fussing with the little bitty backs and trying to get them on without dropping it. You literally just clip it onto your earlobe! So much easier!
            Rae Roy

Comment

I used to have similar troubles with necklaces, until I discovered magnetic clasps. They're so much easier to put on - you don't need any dexterity or feeling in your fingers.

Comment

I am a lucky girl. My husband helps me with mye earrings whenever I ask. He will also brush my hair if my arms are tired.

My husband is a militry man and people think of him as kind of gruff. He is a teddy bear.

He likes to do these things because he thinks of them as somewhat intimate. Touching my ears gently, sneaking in a little kiss. Same with my hair. Besides he likes to see me smile, knowing he is the cause.

Comment

success

Yesterday I was able to get my hoop earrings to lock right away. It sure helped knowing others have problems too. When I shared this info with my husband, he again said "sorry I can't help you and it's ok if you don't wear them".

He then said "looks like your were successful!!"

toot
                  toot

DX 1986 currently on TY

Comment

All of these posts are helpful.
                    Thanks so much.

I love reading that there are so many good guys who either help accessorize us or don't mind if we don't have on earrings, etc.

Comment

For years before my dx, if my earrings had a "fish hook" or "French hook" I squeezed the hook together so it wasn't as open.

This prevents them from falling out easily, but they are still easy to put on.
                      DX 10/2008
                      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

my first reply post

HELLO I CAN NOT SEEM TO GET ON THE CHAT SITE ANYMORE NOT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BUT WOULD LIKE TO UNLEASH MY THOUGHTS
                        I AM AT THE TIRED PHRASE WHEN YOU JUST CANT SEEM TO GET ENOUGH SLEEP
                        I STOPPED TAKING COPAXONE BECAUSE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS AND PASSING OUT STILL HAVE A COUPLE OF BOXES OF IT IN THE FRIDGE AND I AM READY TO GET RID OF THEM BUT WHERE ?? DON'T WANT TO JUST THROW THEM AWAY
                        MY MUSCLES ARE TIRED
                        I LIVE IN TEXAS AND I AM LOOKING TO GET A RAMP FOR MY HOUSE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
                        WELL THANKS FOR LISTENING

Comment

Working...
                        X