No announcement yet.

No TV commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of MS are in such an exclusive club that advertisers know that can't reach us through normal means. They send stuff to us directly via snail mail and email - we are That Cool.

I do think it's funny that in nearly every House episode, it seems like MS is one of the diagnoses considered/treated for at some point, regardless of the patient's presentation. Yeah, its effects are numerous, but if a patient has sneezing attacks, excessive dandruff, and an aversion to light, do not automatically point towards MS (for example).

Comment

It's funny you should mention mailings, I find it funny when the drug co reps call you have to give them all kinds of info to verify who you are even though they called you so they don't speak to anyone that you may not want to know that you have MS? then they send things in the mail with MS all over the envelopes or flyer you rcv. Thnaks godness I'm not taking anything for hemmoroids!!!!
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
        It's funny you should mention mailings, I find it funny when the drug co reps call you have to give them all kinds of info to verify who you are even though they called you so they don't speak to anyone that you may not want to know that you have MS? then they send things in the mail with MS all over the envelopes or flyer you rcv. Thnaks godness I'm not taking anything for hemmoroids!!!!
        (giggle) very good point, Scooter!
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Originally posted by 0485c10 View Post
          Good thread. I get curious about this, because i read that ms is increasing so much-- I worry that it's only a matter of time when it loses it's orphan disease tax status?

but the tv commercial's don't exist for the meds yet

that a good thing for maintaining its rare disease funding.
          0485 - so what is this "orphan disease tax status" anyway and the funding bc of it's rare disease funding? Who benefits from this tax status and the funding behind it?
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X