ear ringing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ear ringing

hello everyone. I have been having ear ringing in my left ear for a long time now. Does anyone have this? I'm so scared because I am looking for a new job and scared I will have a hard time hearing.Is anyone experiencing the ear ringing?

Mine's sporadic, but I definitely have it. My neuro explained that it had to do with lesion placement. I wish I had a good solution.

Comment

i have it sporadicly(sp) too. no rhyme or reason for coming or going. no certain triggers. i have one ear that hears 100% capacity, and one that hears 16% capacity. i have no solutions either. good luck.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Yes, I try and remember to mention it every time I see a Dr or Nureo. So far no luck- there are many products on the market that "Claim" to end ringing in the ears. I have tried a few with no change.

I heard of an Accurepunturitcst-who uses coiled coper wire into the ear and then sends a current in it. But havent tried that one!

Comment

The ringing in the ear is called tinnitus. According to the Merck Manual, the cause of it isn't known, but it can be symptoms of almost any ear disorder including ear infections, Meniere's disese, Otosclerosis (bone surrounding the inner ear & middle ear grows excessivly immobilizng the stirrup so that it can't transmit sounds properly), and blast injury - to name a few. Otosclerosis is heredity and I think this is what I have. My mom & brother (who don't have MS) also suffer from tinnitus.

I have had it constantly for about 30 years now and my hearing is excellent!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I've had tinnitus in my left ear pretty much constantly for the past four years. Sometimes it's louder than others and I do have trouble hearing, but it hasn't really caused me any problems at work or anything.

It did go away for awhile when I was taking a lose dose of gabapentin. But it eventually came back. I can usually tune it out, but sometimes it gets loud and drives me nuts, especially if I'm in a quiet room. (I have to keep the radio, a fan, and a sound-machine on when I sleep at night.)

I'm kind of scared now because I've noticed ringing in my right ear a couple of times over the past few weeks. I'm really hoping it's not going to start in that ear too.

Good luck with your job search.
            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

metal on metal

Thats how I hear it in both ears. Left is more prominant. It gets worse when I am under stress. I tell the neuro every time I see him and he says that there is nothing he can do about it.
              I hope you have better results than I have had.
              All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

I have had ringing in my ears for years. It is constant and like Shashi sometimes it's louder than others but I have never had problems with my hearing.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by MiSunderstood
                  Does anybody have this or am I the only one that has to endure a bad Bob Dylan song?
                  What a crack up! LOL
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X