Rituxan questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rituxan questions

Has anyone ever taken Rituxan?? My husbands neuro suggested today that he try it. He has PPMS and this is about the only option we have. We have been looking it up online and have seen good and bad. We want a real persons experience, please......
    Any info would be helpful

I can't help you but I know there are a few members that have used it. Just bumping this thread back up!
    Rae Roy

Comment

I know 2 members who are using it on a different ms message board....i sent a message to them about your question and a link to this post. i'm not certain they may already be membes on msworld then they will answer, otherwise they may join msworld to answer your question--. so if a couple of people answer with their 1st post in msworld it might be because i asked them to find your thread. i will leave my email address in my profile for about a day and if you send me an email identifying yourself as inklady9 from msworld--i will send you links to them so you can find them rather than they have to find you.

Good luck to all 3 of you!
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

yes I've taken Rituxin

Just finished my second treatment a couple of weeks ago. My next dose is in 6 months. Not sure if I can help or not, so far no side-effects. Did have an MRI not too long after my first dose, my Neurologist was happy with the old lessions did have 2 new small lessions, thought it was probably before the start of the Rituxin or shortly after. My Neurologist is working with Dr. Rae-Grant at the Cleveland Clinic Mellen Center. Good luck to your hubby, hope it goes well!

Comment

I've Taken rituxan

I have spms and for me it was either try this or nothing. I absolutly love it, I lean on my walker less and after 2 starter doses you only take it twice every 6 months, but it will last you a year so scheduling the infusions is a little more relaxed. I have taken it.... this will be my 3rd time coming in april. 6 hour infusions suck but I was on copaxone and shots everynight sucked way worse. So its a huge "go for it!" from me. Sometimes I think "I am not a sales person for Rituxan"lol. My email is jenldifilippo@aol.com if u have any questions 4 me. I am never on MSWorld so if ya wanna e-mail me please feel free. I am on dailystrength.org often.

Comment

I have also taken Rituxan

I had the 2 doses last July and I just finished the next 2 doses in March. My neuro waited until my T-cell and B-cell numbers started to go up before starting the next "dose" The MRI I had in December showed no new leisons and that the inflammation was reduced. I was hoping for sympton relief but I guess not having an excerbation is the best I get. The 6 hr infusion is a pain... but it is way better than daily injections. I had no side affects.

Comment

i am suppose to start my first dose monday and i am so scared its nice to see people speaking positive things about it. This is really my only option for my devics.
              "only the strong survive"

"God don't make mistakes"

Comment

Working...
              X