No announcement yet.

@RightNow Dr Oz, MS, MJ w/Montel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reluctant to reply to this post mainly because of the stigma that MJ has in the USA, but I have to share my story.

I have had MS for 20 years. There have been a few things I have done consistently over the years: Chiropractic, exercise and smoking marijuana.

I can't claim like Montel that I have no lesions. My last MRI in January I have more then 10 in my brain, the original one on my C spine and one on my lumbar spine.

But what I can say is that I have gone many years with no flares and when they do rear their ugly heads they are pretty mild.

I wish their would be a study for the effects marijuana has on MS because I think based on my own personal experience it would be a positive one.
    Opiegirl, Dx 1991
    Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
    Estriol 9/12-present
    Still Hopeful.

Comment

MJ

What I don't understand is that they will prescribe heavy narcotics that damage other organs, but won't legalize MJ for the ones the are in awful pain.

I am currently on morphine and have been thinking about going off and using MJ....is does work better. I used to use the pills but they did nothing.

But in order for me to use it (not legal in my state) I would have to not use the pain clinic because they do drug testing occasionally. We all know that even if not legal in your state you can still get it. It just might be a better option, I don't drive much anymore anyways.

There has to be better options for pain control then all these pills

Comment

[QUOTE
        IMO the whole IMPORTANT issue of big Pharama and MONEY! I am sure that BIG PROFITS and greed at least play a big role in the whole scheme of things.
        [/QUOTE]

Ding,Ding,Ding- winner!!!!

I think it is all about the money.
        How else do you explain the exclusion of a drug that is not addictive and you cannot OD from?

It is not possible to make that claim for any opiate drug... but that is what the rest of the world wants us to take.

Been using MJ for 10 years.
        It is cheaper,easier on my system, and I can function alot better with it.

(middle-aged white guy that does not party, drink, or use any other drugs.)

Comment

Gomer

I saw Montel on I believe it was The Oprah show and he was talking about taking his daily injections. He said he injects himself every morning but I do not recall what dmd he is on. He said he smokes MJ for the pain.
          I told my wife I would smoke it to get off narcotics. I must admit I am a product of the 60's and 70's so smoking weed was let's say fashionable and of course I liked being in fashion LOL.
          I think it should allowed nationwide. If doctors are tructed to rx narcotics they should be able trusted to rx weed. Just my thoughts.
          Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
          Babe Ruth

Comment

the fed gov or drug companies?

If the Federal Gov would sell it, they could probably close the deficit and spend more of our tax money on our schools and other important things. If drug companies sell it, we may not be able to afford it?

So many people get relief it's a damn shame they don't do something! I mean, don't they get other medications from plants? This is just a plant. Tobacco is legal but it can kill you. They put drugs on the market that can kill you and then rush to get them off the shelves. This is illegal because..... it might make someone feel better? It might make someone hungry?

Comment

I've always heard that Montel was also using Copaxone. Here's one article that references that: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/.../22-montel.htm

Here's something that I saw recently, on YouTube (although it's not a real recent news story): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0vbCoy-UNw

I've never used MJ, and, I currently am not tempted to. But, I don't have pain with my MS. For some, it sounds like MJ offers a relief from pain that can't be found with narcotics/rx pain pills. If a physician is willing to rx it, who is the government to say that it should be illegal?

~ Faith
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

[QUOTE=Krysalus;1286401]If the Federal Gov would sell it, they could probably close the deficit and spend more of our tax money on our schools and other important things.

AMEN!!! I made the exact statement to my sister-n-law when the show was airing!! I haven't smoked weed in years, and RX isn't legal in my state!! I have 2 small children and I have toyed with the idea ALOT lately, but I'm just affraid that I will get caught with some or something and lose my kids!! It should be legalized so that I could "try" it without taking a huge chance on losing my children!!

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MiSunderstood
                  This thread has gotten my attention. MJ has been offered to me by several people but so far I have declined. are there other options other than smoking it? I don't want to compromise my lungs. I've heard about brownies, etc. but are there other ways that don't aggravate asthma? I'm also concerned about the strength of what's out there now. I heard the stuff on the street is so much stronger than when I occasionally used it in the 70's. and I could barely handle it in then. I'm looking for a way to very gradually control and see how much I can handle. don't want that weird paranoia thing. Is the medical MJ more consistent and predictable each time you buy it?
                  It can be vaporized...
                  MS, it's a brain thang!
                  Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

My "big sister" in college, and some of her classmates, got my friends and me so high on hash(hish) brownies! I'm sure there's a way to cook them without getting yourself wasted.....
                    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Yes but even though it is legal as RX here, One STILL would loose their job use it.

So if you work in Oregon you still cant use the MJ, well at any jobs I know of.

Comment

Hello Rubberlegs!

Didn't Oregon build protections into their MMJ law?
                        It may be worth organizing to change the law, if that is the case.

In Maine you cannot be discriminated against if you test positive for MJ as long as you are a registered patient.

Search on maine.gov/dhhs/mmma/PUBLIC631.pdf for the Maine law.
                        "Oh I know the sound the river makes, by dawn, by night, by day;
                        But can it stay me through tomorrows that find me far away?"
                        Tysabri since 05/25/2007

Comment

Working...
                        X