Not being able to sleep.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being able to sleep.....

I just went through about a week of not being able to sleep more than maybe an hour (never an hr at one time) a day for a wk....

I felt like I was going crazy, felt like I couldn't think, cried every chance I got when no one was around because I tried to stay strong.... I tried sleeping pills and even that didn't help.

My doctor did call in something 50mg and that didn't help. I have to say I was ready for the 1st time in many many years ready to just break down and kill myself.

I felt like I was really going crazy and my chest felt so weighted and I couldn't stop the shaking in my hands, I felt as if someone was holding my forarms down (felt like wearing weights) My legs felt the same....

I was told that sometimes that happens.... I was Blessed to have had a few wonderful MS friends/Angels (Barb, Darlene both have MS & a friend Maggie whose just a friend) to call me and listen to me cry... hear me.. Without them I am not sure I could've taken another day.

Now I am back to sleeping and giving Thanks to the LORD and them daily.

If you've gone through this what has helped? Cause I'm so afraid this will happen again. Like I said right now I'm sleepy all the time... thougt I'd never say this but it's so nice.

I have now said MS has done something good for me... MS HAS BROUGHT ME SOME VERY WONDERFUL FRIENDS WHO'VE MADE MY LIFE WORTH LIVING, GIVEN ME STRENGTH AND COURAGE!

THANK YOU MS!!!!!
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

I kinda went through something like this last night. No sleeping, dizziness really bad, then just crying because I can't take it anymore. I think I prayed for 4 hours straight for God to take this away.

Some days are harder then others I am learning.

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

You are so very right... Some days are MUCH HARDER than others.

I've been in PRAYER on my knees, driving, walking around the house, sitting on the sofa and any other time it comes to....

I went back to church last week and after church was able to find some wonderful people to pray with me for me and they are going to find out if anyone else in the church has MS....

I know this is going to sound just awful but I PRAY/HOPE they find someone... I know it's wrong to want and I'm so Sorry for wanting that. I'm not a bad person.

Anyway thank you so much for the reply.
      Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
      Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

My sleep problems are not that bad comparatively... some sleepless nights once or twice a month, with random nights of taking an hour to get to sleep scattered amongst.

Routine works for me. Sometimes I drink tea before bed, the kind that has no caffeine but has valerian (which is supposed to make you sleepy). This helps. On weekends I usually drink alcohol excessively and this helps too. Those last two are probably not great if you're one of the people who suffers from overactive bladders at night.

Usually I just lay in bed and think of mundane things unrelated to sleep... naming all the countries and their capitals in my head, something random and plentiful like that.

And of course sometimes nothing works. But those are some suggestions, anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X