A possible new target for treatment in MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A possible new target for treatment in MS

I found this information in the Deutsche Multiple Sklerose Gesellschaft, Bundesverband e.V. (German version of the National MS Society). It talks about a new finding of some doctors in Munich regarding the damage MS does to the nerve axons and its implications to a possible future therapy.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-...sclerosis.html
    First episode with third pregnancy
    On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
    Proud mommy of three children

It appears to be another EAE mouse model which is not MS...the mice are the ones who usually benefit.

EAE Mouse Model:
    http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/experi...omyelitis.html
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you so much for this link.

Very interesting information.

Comment

the mice are the ones who usually benefit.
        I couldn't disagree more. Before research and medication development is even considered to go to clinical trials, most of it is tested in animals first. Studies are often conducted in animals in which human disease processes can be duplicated first (e.g. rodents, pigs, primates, etc.). Then, depending on the outcome, therapies can be developed and go on to trials (if it even gets that far).

So to say that the mice are the only ones who benefit, is an understatement, to say the least. Whether is ethical, we can have another discussion on that, but I am certainly not raising my hand to volunteer to get some form of disease "created" in me. I have enough with MS.
        First episode with third pregnancy
        On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
        Proud mommy of three children

Comment

EAE mouse model has been used for many years. There are many who believe EAE has not be beneficial to this disease...Multiple Sclerosis...EAE is NOT MS.

It is time for research to look outside the (EAE) box for answers to this disease. When you live with this disease long enough and you hear about improvements with mice but it's not seen in the MS world you no longer get excited about EAE mouse model.

There is alot about this disease that is published and much of it never pans out.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X