hiccups????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiccups????

I get hiccups daily.....sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Does anyone else experience frequent hiccups?

I hiccup one time almost every afternoon. Just once. It's weird, but I've been doing it for years. Sometimes I'll get more than one, but most of the time, it's just one.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

i get hicups, more than normal--not anywhere as much as you but they are irritating. i get my hiccups from post nasal drip, i swallow air as i swallow that post nasal drip. so when hiccups start i take a 24 hour claritin d and it clears up the hiccups for me...

but i haven't always known that, it took some hits & misses before i discovered its that post nasal drip that's doing it for me. before i discovered that i was on a ms message board discussing the same issue, when i learned that hiccups can be the result of some type of injury to the brain causing the diaphram to have spasms causing hiccups. now that i know i have ms, it makes me wonder--but it's not that way for me because claritin d stops the hicups for me, its post nasal drip that causes my hiccups. luckily(for me) i found a way to stop them in me. it was interesting because i would not have known hiccups could be caused by something serious.

from wrongdiagnosis(dot)com possible causes of hiccups...there are a lot.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/hiccups.htm
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

hiccups

I get the hiccups everytime I eat the first bite. I don't eat fast. I did read online that it does have to do with damage to the central nervous system.
        So annoying.

Comment

My husband gets bouts of them that last for several days. It is a symptom of MS.

Comment

it hasn't happened since before my last major exacerbation this past October. I used to get them three or more times a day every single day, never thought to link this with MS. I try to keep myself from connecting too many dots since my diagnosis!
            "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
            is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

dx 11.23.10 RRMS

Comment

Working...
            X