yelling at the kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yelling at the kids

having a bad day. Yelling harshly at my kids, can't take the not listening to me anymore, took my steroids last night. But that is no excuse but right now I am all about anger and sad.

Where's my self control? uuuggggggly

Unfortunately steroids can cause loss of emotional regulation and added to the stress of having this miserable disease it is a rough combination.

Please consider apologizing to them and using it as a learning experience that everyone gets angry but the most important thing is learning for your mistakes. Wishing you well and remember kiddos are very forgiving.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

hugs

Lock yourself in the bathroom for a few minutes. Collect yourself. Wash your face. Smile in the mirror. Smiling can help you feel like smiling. Give the kids a hug when you come out.

Sorry you are on the emotional roller coaster right now.
      Hope it passes soon.

Comment

I sooooooooo know how you feel.

Comment

Steroids are so hard. I hate them.

HUGS. Try to be kind to yourself and forgive yourself. As parents we all make mistakes and have bad days - and you have a pretty good reason for that right now. Just try to do better tomorrow - and if you don't do better - try again the next day. HUGS, we all just do the best we can.
          Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
          ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Working...
          X