No announcement yet.

@ Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Mar 27 '11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone out there. Too quiet. Gomer is watching.

Gomer called last night. He just arrived in Lakeland FL. I'm looking forward to seeing him Tuesday for lunch. I think he will have too start back the the following day.

I have my neuro appointment Tuesday am. I think I will have to have my first VA appointment Tuesday also.

I hope all of you had a great weekend.
    Dave
    J.

Comment

Newby Here

I was diagnosed in February of this year. Still trying to get my head on straight. Started Copaxone but not sure how long I can keep this up. I am going to ask my Neuro about switching to Avonex.

I am in day 3 of my first solu-medrol treatment. Hoping it will restore my vision and send this relapse packing. All new stuff I guess I have to get use to.

Was happy to hear the story about work supporting you. I have a meeting scheduled with my boss tomorrow to ask for a reduced schedule due to fatigue / stress. Wish me luck!!
      Dx - February 2011
      Copaxone and now Avonex
      Amantadine for fatigue

Comment

Hi,
        Last week I went to the MS clinic for high BP and my MS hug - which is what they assume is causing my high bp. I was put on gabapentin 100 mg 3x a day. But, that was already increased to 200mg 3x a day and will likely increase to 200mg 4x a day. It is definately helping the pain. I don't have insurance though and even the cost of this generic drug is hurting us financially. I am a full time student - and we have five kids. I am going to have to do some research on this to figure out how to deal with this in the best way. I have perscription assistance for all my brand name drugs - but this is generic. Any ideas? I am looking at $80 - $90 per month on just the gabapentin. Plus I know we will adjust the baclofen as soon as we are done dealing with gabapentin. The spasticity is still wicked.

My classes are starting to really stress me out. I am trying to be calm and peaceful about it. I am smart, but there is just SO much work. Plus, I have this one professor who expects so much from me. He is the kind of professor who expects what the student can do, rather than just a set expectation. So, he just sets the bar really high for me. I like it and I hate it. It is a lot of pressure. I have four biology courses and one math course this semester.

I have a research study appointment on Friday. Relaxation study. Boy do I need that!
        Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
        ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Originally posted by salamandertom View Post
          Hi,
          Last week I went to the MS clinic for high BP and my MS hug - which is what they assume is causing my high bp. I was put on gabapentin 100 mg 3x a day. But, that was already increased to 200mg 3x a day and will likely increase to 200mg 4x a day. It is definately helping the pain. I don't have insurance though and even the cost of this generic drug is hurting us financially. I am a full time student - and we have five kids. I am going to have to do some research on this to figure out how to deal with this in the best way. I have perscription assistance for all my brand name drugs - but this is generic. Any ideas? I am looking at $80 - $90 per month on just the gabapentin. Plus I know we will adjust the baclofen as soon as we are done dealing with gabapentin. The spasticity is still wicked.

My classes are starting to really stress me out. I am trying to be calm and peaceful about it. I am smart, but there is just SO much work. Plus, I have this one professor who expects so much from me. He is the kind of professor who expects what the student can do, rather than just a set expectation. So, he just sets the bar really high for me. I like it and I hate it. It is a lot of pressure. I have four biology courses and one math course this semester.

I have a research study appointment on Friday. Relaxation study. Boy do I need that!
          Geez Louise, do you have a lot going on!! FIVE KIDS? SCHOOL? Recently diagnosed? If I was wearing a hat, I'd take it off and tip it at you You are amazing!!! I whine and cry if I have to do laundry.....

I'm sorry I don't have any advice about the financial aspect of the prescriptions - just spent $100 myself at the pharmacy today (another course of antibiotics and prednisone for a lasting bronchitis episode, a fast-acting inhaler for my newly acquired asthma condition, double dosage on my antidepressant and more anti-anxiety medication...we've been having fun over here, too!). Didn't have "asthma" before I quit smoking -- thinking maybe I should go back to it? Kidding.

Anyways, like I said, I wish I had some advice about the scripts - but I'm sure there are those here who can offer some advice. As far as everything else you have on your plate - I am in AWE of you!!!
          Kristen
          DX'd 2.9.11
          Has NO idea what she's doing

Comment

Hey all

Our Beatles band was really good. Had lots of fun but very tired. Spend Sunday in ER with father in law. He passed away on Monday morning, so it is a crazy week here. Lots of in law time, which is not really good for me cause they annoy me, so I have been biting my tongue. Funeral is not till Friday so we have lots of time to sit around and be sad. Only good thing is dd is in from DC. Her isster was ivsiting, so they were able to bring her home. Really nice cuase I saved $$ for plane. She is here ll week and I am liking the company.

The stress Sunday and not taking my meds really had my lef shaking. Sil is very worried about it. I am used to it when I am stressed, but she has never seen me like that. Usually when we see them, I rest up ahead of time and my eds are on a normal schedule, so they do not see the bad me. Dh said it was probably good cuase now they realize I am really sick. Sometimes, since I do not complain to them, they ask too much of me. Now they will understand.

Well have to get off and help with more plans. Have a good rest of week anyone.

Judy Sz

Comment

Working...
            X