I Won!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Won!

I work as a volunteer for my local hospital doing health fairs for women. We are an outreach of the Breast Center at the hospital and it is lots of fun talking with ladies about breast health.

Well, today I was doing this at a nearby town and won one of the door prizes that I thought was exciting. You'll have to let me know if you think I am crazy. It was a $250 gift certificate for a Botox treatment with one of the local plastic surgeons. Wow! I am so doing it.

Now to decide what to Botox.......hmmmm

Any ideas?

lydialou

YAY! Honestly, I'm 20 now and had Botox done at 17. I know, you are probably thinking I'M the crazy one! The creases under my eyes were really deep and noticeable so I had them done. 3 years later and I've only had to get it touched up once. In Tulsa, OK the price is a whopping $14 per cc/mL. It costs me a whole $28! Here, $250 would do every wrinkle that could ever appear on my face! I'm not sure what the cost difference would be from here to GA but hopefully you can get everything done that you want to!

Here's a to you!
    Rae Roy

Comment

I know what I'd botox, my forehead and that muscle in the middle that is always so tense.......

Comment

I am thinking about my forehead, too. I have those lines between my eyebrows. I found out from some ladies there who was wishing they had won the certificate that these lines are called the "elevens". I can see why.

I read online about Botox. It takes a few days for the lines to completely vanish. So that is my first choice.

I am still excited. I guess I will be nervous when I actually get to his office!

lydialou

Comment

I saw the plastic surgeon today. He spent a good amount of time with me, explaining how the Botox worked. I have a better understanding of passive and active wrinkles and other muscle structure now.

He made pictures and then gave me the Botox. It really didn't hurt at all. He did perhaps three shots in each eyebrow and one each in each "eleven". One shot was with your eyebrow just doing nothing and the others were in the muscle when you scrunch up your eyebrows. I might have some bruising since there is an injection. I have to go back in 2 weeks for a follow-up visit. If the the path he injected is working, then future shots will be in the same place. If the shots have made little difference, he would need to hit the muscle in another place next time.

All in all-a good experience! Oh and I can't lay on my face for 6 hours or make frowny forehead actions.

I will let you know how it continues to go.

lydialou

Comment

Cool! If/when I start to get more wrinkles, Botox is my #1 line of defense! I say if because I use skincare creams religiously. Have fun with it!
            Rae Roy

Comment

I use face cream and sunscreen religiously. So the Botox is a good thing to "freshen" up the old face and see if it helps with those pesky lines. The amount he used took one big syringe (bigger than my rebif anyway).

So far no bruising.

The plastic surgeons in my area charge about the same for Botox-$250 which covers one area of the face (forehead, eyebrows, eyes). If you get two areas done, they discount it $10%. I understand the dermatologist charge $300. They also all have sales periodically which is certainly the time to get it done. One lady I talked with puts away a little each month for Botox-she says it is a great "feel good" treatment for herself.

I agree (at least so far)

lydialou

Comment

I didn't bruise with the Botox. But when I had my lips plumped with JuveDerm, they bruised quite nicely. LOL. It looked like I busted my lips on something. They were gone within a few days though.

On a sidenote: Now my passport pic is of me with my lips done and NO creases under my eyes. I my passport pic! It's my favorite picture on any ID I have.
                Rae Roy

Comment

Working...
                X