Should I be worried?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried?????

I was exposed to chicken pox, I did have it as a child but it wasn't a bad case. I'm coming out of a relapse so confused if there is going to be any problems. Does anyone have any suggestions. Will I get shingles??
    Life is like a coin u can spend it any way u want, but u can only spend it once!

I don't believe you are guaranteed to develop shingles b/c you were exposed to chicken pox.

In my limited understanding/knowledge, I believe I have as much of a chance of developing them b/c I had a good case as a child & the virus is lying dormant in my body.

Somebody, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Its hard to say. Most doctors will usually say no if you've already been exposed to the chicken pox. On the other-hand sometimes the herpes zoster virus(chicken pox) lies dormant in your body just waiting to rear its ugly head years after initial exposure. They say stress can trigger it, but I think it also depends on how much you were exposed to it and how bad you had it as a child. Like you, I had chicken pox when I was very young (like 1yrs old). I'm told it was a mild case. Fast forward 33 yrs later (last Feb) and I came down with a mild case of shingles. The crazy thing is that it was localized to my left arm (thank God). I would say just keep an eye on things. If you see any bubbly rashes anywhere or feel any strong nerve pain (other than the usual MS pain) call your doctor.
      -jsox

Comment

Hello watefalls2,

My children had chicken pox at the same time, well 2 weeks apart

I was obviously exposed to chicken pox. Other than being tired from taking care of two very young (3 & 5 year olds), grumpy, itchy children...I was fine
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I had chicken pox as a child, too. And that was a long, long time ago. LOL I was then exposed to chicken pox several times as I worked with children and had 3 of my own come down with them at separate times.

Fast forward to several years later and I've had to bouts of shingles. One of them pretty bad.

So my answer would be; I don't know. Hope you do ok adn avoid them.
          What if trials of this life
          Are Your mercies in disguise?
          "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Thanks for your answers. I'm watching it pretty close. So far nothing, keeping fingers crossed.
            Life is like a coin u can spend it any way u want, but u can only spend it once!

Comment

Working...
            X