two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two questions

1. How do you put a personal picture as your avatar? I cannot for the life of me figure it out and I have tried!

2. EDSS score? I don't know much about it, but was told mine today. I had looked up the scale before - and thought I might get a 0 -1 and was surprised to get a 2.5. How much does this mean? Should I pay attention/obsess about this? LOL
    Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

salamandertom

How do you put a personal picture as your avatar? I cannot for the life of me figure it out and I have tried!
    You need to e-mail your personal picture to Sparky10 at MS World to have it as your avatar.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      salamandertom

You need to e-mail your personal picture to Sparky10 at MS World to have it as your avatar.

Take care,
      KoKo
      so the email addy is sparky10@msworld.com? Thank you VERY much! I appreciate it!
      ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

salamandertom

so the email addy is sparky10@msworld.com? Thank you VERY much! I appreciate it!
        msworld.org

Take care,
        KoKo
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          salamandertom

msworld.org

Take care,
          KoKo

silly me, I knew that! LOl. thank you KoKo.

Comment

salamandertom - you're very welcome!

Take care,
            KoKo

Comment

EDSS

Here is a link to the definition of EDSS score. scroll down to find the table if the table doesn't show up.

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/msprognosis.html

and you will need to know what 'FS', Functional systems is because the # of FS involved also determines what EDSS level--i don't have severe symptom but i have them in many FS, i'm not certain what that means?
              but it gets me "invisibly' affected by ms & at time visibly affected.

http://www.thjuland.net/edss-fs.html

because the us is so damn lazy about converting to the metric system i will provide conversions....i wish the us would just convert over to metric they are approx.

500 meters =0.31 miles,546 yards,1640 ft
              200 meters = 218 yrds,656 ft
              100 meters = 109 yrds,328 ft
              20 meters = 66ft

an EDSS score of 0 is normal, no effects
              an EDSS score of 0-3.0 is benignly affected by MS, some affects but not a lot.
              an EDSS score of 4-5.5 is thought to be where most RRMS is.
              an EDSS score 6-10.0 is where assisted devices start to be needed to ambulate, thought to be SP, progressive by then.
              an EDSS score of 10.0 is death.

i'm not certain but i think the edss level has to be maintained for 6 months to be considered a permanent level before that it is a temporary/intermittent level but i can be corrected about that, because i don't know how long it has to be maintained to be assigned an EDSS level? at edss level 6.0 it uses the words intermitent or constant.
              xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by salamandertom View Post
                2. EDSS score? I don't know much about it, but was told mine today. Should I pay attention/obsess about this? LOL
                i can't help you with that one. unfortunately, i'm obsessed about every thing. being not obsessed about something makes me feel i don't have my eye on the ball, last time that happened i was diagnosed with a chronic illness unexpectedly. i'm not gonna let something like that happen again, if anything else happens i want to see it coming this time.

damn economic recession is the same way, i would have liked to seen that coming before it got here but i do have low blood pressure so i can obsse, i just lose some friends and obsess alone, but it fills the time.
                xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I believe the EDSS Score is only important if you are trying to measure the gradual progression. It doesn't mean much to me, 'life is life', and for the most part you can't change it. I have been 6.5 for quite a while, not just the MS, but also a severely broken back, still walk though with a cane.
                  Bill
                  Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Working...
                  X