I'm so FRUSTRATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so FRUSTRATED

I was just in the hosp two days ago for extremely low blood pressure, 70/40ish

I really think it is causing all of this, and my ms symptoms

they didnt do anything at all, cept tell me to go to out patient testing,eat tons of salt drink more water. go for a tilt table and a upper endo

why even admit me if they werent going to get to the bottom of the problem?

my eyes arent working anymore i cant get them to go in the right direction.. at this point im about to beg for steroids to see if it helps anything b/c it keeps getting worse and im thinking it might help with the muscle control no matter the cause

i am a lot more confused then normal and constantly feel like im going to throw up just dont understand why they cant run these tests in the hospital rather then make me wait weeks when they could have the answers in a matter of days

can anyone suggest how to get into the hosp so they can figure it out? im just so sick of being sick and it seems like Im the only person trying to get myself better

All I can tell you is that if your not better after what they told you go back again.

I was told I had an ear infection and sinus infection (explaining why I couldn't walk and my face was going numb) a moth later 2 ER visit and 4 doctors they sent me to anothe hospital and they told me is was MS in minutes and I had steroids.

Just keep going back until they make you better or figure out how to. Otherwise you'll stay sick

Feel better soon.

Comment

Go to the ER and tell them that you're having neurological problems and feel like you're going to pass out. They'll normally do a brain MRI.

Good luck and hugs,

Lisa
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

That is a dangerously low blood pressure, and it can explain your foggy thinking - lack of oxygen getting to your brain. When my blood pressure went that low, I was admitted to the hospital. Do you have a regular doctor? You need to see him/her and explain your neurological symptoms AND your low blood pressure. Talk to him/her about going into the hospital for tests until there's some sort of diagnosis.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys this is the first time I had a chance to get on here to check my old threads I have been really sick. I actually did get admitted to the hospital a few weeks back for my low blood pressure.. it was 80/40, when I went in and they ended up sending me home the next day with no changes. No one could believe why/how they sent me home with it that low.. but its still the same as I type this.. I've gained 30lbs the past few months trying to keep my bp up , because for awhile eating helped but it never lasts longer then a half hour.. Since being admitted to the hospital I saw a cardio doctor and they put me on a bp medicine for low bp and it shot my bp to dangerous levels, so Now I'm back to where I started, My heart doctor is wanting input from the Nero on what to do.. I have a feeling that I'm going to keep getting passed from doctor to doctor cause no one can figure it out.. thats whats been going on for months.... I think my next move is to goto the Cleveland clinic.. (does anyone have experience with them?)

Comment

Wow, you are in such a hard spot. Not sure how the medical world can just skip over this and send you on your way.

I do not have experience with the Cleveland Clinic. I searched threads on here not to long ago and found a few comments. The comments were not helpful to me in making a decision to drive up to Cleveland, but if you think they can help consider going.

I can also recommend you search threads regarding low blood pressure because i have seen other MS'ers say they have this issue.

Low blood pressure is now my new "normal". It is sort of funny each time I go see any doctor and the nurse takes my bp and then looks at me and repeats it and says, "is your blood pressure always this low?"

I have had the tilt table test, seen the cardio doctor, tried several meds to get my bp up, but nothing worked for me. I was labeled as having vasor depressor syncopy (sp?) and vertigo because they didn't have anything else to go on. I now use lots of salt, drink lots of water, stay on a low fat diet, and take vitamins, all to help increase blood flow. I am a small size, 130 lbs, and when this occurred (out of the blue) I dropped 15 pounds for no reason. I have since gained it back, but the sudden drop in weight had the doctors alarmed.

It began with these episodes that went like this- a few dizzy spells, then my legs would tremble and go weak, I had to sit or I felt like I would fall and pass out, i would get very nauseous and would grab for anything to throw up in (but I never, not once, threw up), my heartbeat would go crazy, then sweats broke out, and then after about 10 minutes, my bp would climb back up. After the episode stopped, I would be so tired (and damp from sweating) that I needed to lay down for a bit. Luck for me my employer at the time was understanding.

They sent me to a cardiologist, had me wear a monitor for a week, and did several other tests, like low blood sugar, thyroid, and things I don't remember. After experiencing all this craziness off and on for a few years, it began to occur less and less.

I rarely have an episode anymore. I have learned that I can't skip a meal, even if I am not hungry or I will have the issues the next day. If I am not hungry, I at least heat up chicken broth and salt it down so that my sodium levels stay up. I now eat several small meals during the day and that has really helped. I have a desk job and no one really notices how much I eat, lol. Otherwise, they'd be walking by my desk snorting to make pig noises! Nah, knowing the group I work with they would be asking me to share.

Last year when I was told I have MS, my neuro said low bp is not common, but he does see that a lot. I hope your episodes taper off and this is just a new exacerbation that will subside soon. I hope you feel better and please keep us informed on how your doing. I will be curious what the doctors say this is.

Comment

Wow. That sounds really scary. I have similar issues and saw a cardiologist who ordered a monitor during a flare up last summer. He also suggested drinking more fluids and adding more salt to my diet. It did help.
              I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Oh man. I'm so sorry. Thats the worst. This happened to me about a month ago. I was at home and had fallen down and started with the cold sweat and loss of eye sight. An ambulance took me to the ER but I wasn't admitted either. It happened again and my neuro finally remembered I'm his patient and scheduled me for an MRI, blood work, and is switching up my meds.

I think getting the doctors to listen to you is the hardest part of all of this. I mean, its like we're screaming from the rooftops and people are telling us we should just take a nap. heh.

Anyway, I found that you have to go back every time it gets a little worse, a new symptom arises etc. Its exhausting and frustrating. You have to be demanding, and I totally fail at that, and if you can bring someone with you that can express the seriousness of the situation as well that helps too.

I really hope things start looking up. Hydrating does help somewhat. wish I could be more helpful. hang in there.
                "I never sleep on planes. I don't want to get incepted"

Comment

Originally posted by Panegyric View Post
                  Oh man. I'm so sorry. Thats the worst. This happened to me about a month ago. I was at home and had fallen down and started with the cold sweat and loss of eye sight. An ambulance took me to the ER but I wasn't admitted either. It happened again and my neuro finally remembered I'm his patient and scheduled me for an MRI, blood work, and is switching up my meds.

I think getting the doctors to listen to you is the hardest part of all of this. I mean, its like we're screaming from the rooftops and people are telling us we should just take a nap. heh.

Anyway, I found that you have to go back every time it gets a little worse, a new symptom arises etc. Its exhausting and frustrating. You have to be demanding, and I totally fail at that, and if you can bring someone with you that can express the seriousness of the situation as well that helps too.

I really hope things start looking up. Hydrating does help somewhat. wish I could be more helpful. hang in there.
                  Either that or take a xanax! Lol. Sorry. Couldn't resist. It's one of my hot buttons. And they like to push it, too. I'll have to make them aware I can't be responsible for what happens when they do next time.

When they did my spinal tap, it was dry. I'd hydrated well before the procedure too. For some reason, I have a very hard time staying well hydrated and I'm clueless as to why. It's become a major focus for me since finding out how much being dehydrated increases the symptom intensity.

I have this little personal pet theory that extra fluid dilutes all the crap in the CSF so it can't settle in and keeps moving on through and out. There's my incentive to drink a big glass of water and eat some salty snack every time I pass through the kitchen.

Now I've got a teapot sitting on the counter where I see it every time I pass through. It gets filled up in the morning and emptied throughout the day.
                  I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Working...
                  X