Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/17/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/17/11

Hi Everyone. Spring is in the air. I know we will still have some bad weather but the current warming trend is encouraging. Happy St. Patrick’s Day, especially to the Irish among us. Just don’t over celebrate by eating or drinking too much. Also happy the first day of Spring. I am celebrating a return to daylight savings time. I love that extra hour of light in the evening. I am also celebrating a one pound loss. Cutting out avacados and cutting back on walnuts seems to have worked. I am now at 117.5 so have 2.5 more pounds to go to reach my third weight goal.

Sparky, two pounds is terrific. I just knew you could do it. It sounds like recording has really worked for you. Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, Congratulations on your loss and breaking that barrier. Now that you know how to do it you can keep it up. Best of luck.

MamaBug, .2 pounds is a loss and nothing to fret about. You have lost quite a bit of weight in total and slowing down is not surprising. I know you will keep the downward trend going. I am impressed that you did not gain while on vacation. Good for you.

Agate, Remember staying the same is success. I know it can be frustrating to stay the same two weeks in a row, but you will resume going down soon. Those last few pounds can be the hardest to shed but you will do it.

Victory1, sorry to miss you again this week. I hope everything is O.K. Please let us know.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week:

Today I want to talk about the pleasure principle and how it can affect what you eat. Eating while engaging in other activities can increase the chance of eating again while doing said activity. That is why it is not good to eat in front of the television. It is best to eat only at the table so that other activities are not associated with the pleasure of eating food.

Weight loss Results for 3/10/11:

Total Loss:

3.8 pounds by four members. Good going. Keep up the momentum. Remember that every little bit counts. Those fractions add up and keep us going forward. A two pound loss is terrific and can add as an incentive to go further.

Total Gain:

0 pounds by no members. Reporting gains is an important part of the process. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the future. Don’t avoid the truth.

Stayed the same:

1 member. Remember, staying the same truly is success. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

3042.58 is the total weight loss for the past 8 years. Now that we have hit 1.5 tons we are on our way to losing two tons.

3/9 - 3/16: Lost 2.6 lbs

3/9 - 3/16: Lost 2.6 lbs

Good to be home and back on the program.

26 weeks: Total weight lost since September: 34.4 lbs
    (Average is 1.3 lbs per week.)

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

strange week! i'd lost several lbs. then gained about 1/2 back in 2 days time. don't know what i did different.
      so it ended up being that i lost 1 lb. still not bad, but i was thrilled when i hit an all time low earlier this week. then it slowly crept up over two days. ugh! oh well, a loss is a loss.
      i'll keep on trying.
      wow mamabug you're doing great!
      everyone take care and God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Thanks, Pooh.

Just a slow, steady weight loss. That's what I'm looking for. This week was a little higher. But, last week was only 0.2 lbs.

It's not unusual, some months, for me to lose nothing for a week or two, and then lose my monthly 4-7 lbs in the remaining weeks of the month.

Although I'm not always consistent on a weekly basis, I seem to average out fairly consistently, on a monthly basis. (February was a little slower than some months, but, not significantly.)

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug, that weight loss is so impressive!

I'm still at 116 this week. Thanks for the encouragement, ShrinkKaren! I'm going to keep your advice in mind.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Desperately need to lose weight

HELP!
            I DESPERATELY NEED HELP.
            I AM 47 YEARS OLD AND WEIGH 240 POUNDS. I AM 5'6" I NEED TO GET THIS WEIGHT OFF OF ME. I AM A MOTHER OF TWO TEENAGERS AND WEIGHED 180 BACK IN MY TWENTIES. I WAS A LOT MORE ENERGETIC AND YET I WAS YOUNGER TOO. I HAVE TRIED WEIGHT WATCHERS, NUTRISYSTEM (WHAT A WASTE THAT WAS). I NEED TO DO SOMETHING ON MY OWN. I HAVE TO GET SOME WEIGHT OFF OF ME. I DO PHYSICAL THERAPY ONCEA WEEK. I DO THE STEPPER FOR TEN MINUTES. I DONT WALK THAT WELL. I USE A WALKER AROUND THE HOUSE. I AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING. I HAVE AN EXCERCISE BIKE AND I LOVE SPORTS. I WISH I HAD A ACCESS TO A POOL. THAT IS THE BEST EXCERCISE. UNFORTUNATELY I DONT HAVE THAT LUXURY ANYMORE. BUT I AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING I CAN. I NEVER GIVE UP!!! I NEED HELP! AND ENCOURAGEMENT. ITS HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT WHEN YOU ARE NOT AS ACTIVE AS YOU USED TO BE. I REALLY NEED TO EXCERCISE. IM WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Comment

Thanks, Agate. Like I told Pooh, it doesn't feel very impressive. Just steady and consistent. But, that's OK. That's what I'm aiming for.

I've been fortunate, since I began calorie cycling in November, to have only 1 or 2 week "stalls", and no real plateaus. And, I pat myself for not throwing in the towel in August/September (when I went on steroids for an MS flare). That's when I gained back the 7 lbs that I'd lost in July/August, but, I just continued in September and re-set my goals with September being my starting date.

10 more weeks until my daughter's wedding. Hoping to lose an additional 10-14 lbs by then. That will put me close to the original 50 lbs that I wanted to lose.

When I succeed at the 50 lb goal, I'll set another. Although a 50 lb weight loss would take me out of the "overweight" category using BMI data, I'd still be "overweight" when using Waist/Hip ratio data and Waist/Height ratio data. So'll probably crunch some of those numbers when I come up with my next goal.

~ Faith
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

PocoaPoco --

Sparky gives some good advice regarding portion control and choosing healthy foods.

Counting calories (or estimating), or, at the very least, reading labels and being aware of appropriate serving sizes are several ways to succeed at portion control. If you've done WW, you probably already have some good background knowledge about that.

I posted a thread about portion control awhile back. You can copy/paste the web address into your browser. (This site doesn't allow me to post a live link.) http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109267

Choosing healthy foods is also a good idea. I like to limit my "white starches" (white flour, white bread, baked goods, pasta, white rice, potatoes, etc) and choose lots of vegetables, moderate amounts of fresh or frozen fruit, and lots of lean protein.

~ Faith
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

CHECK IN FOR 3/24

SORRY NOT BEEN AROUND HAD LOTS GOING ON

I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT I LOST 3 LBS AND I AM WITHIN 4 LBS OF HITTING MY FIRST GOAL WEIGHT

THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND I WILL BE BACK MORE NOW

YALL TC HUGS FOR EVERYONE AND GOE BLESS

Comment

It's that time again. Happy posting. Karen

Comment

Working...
                    X