Extreme Pain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Pain!

My daughter is experiencing terrible pain in her lower stomach and lower back. She has had a vaginal ultrasound and CT both were neg. Last night it hit her again at work, they did a urine test but didn't show anything that they thought they should treat as far as a UTI. She is having problems with her periods not starting, she has been spotting all month, or she bleeds all of a sudden and then it stops about as soon as it starts. Does anyone else have this pain, the period thing may be completely separate, but with MS and on a DMD you never know and with the test being negative it is really puzzeling.

I have had some...ok lots of issues down in that area. Have they checked her for endometriosis? What about fibroids? I understand that they have done an ultrasound but they only show so much I'm sure it was an internal ultrasound? What about an external ultrasound, looking for cysts or other abnomalities? Not meaning to pry but even a miscarriage that maybe didn't fully release? Have they said anything about a D&C? I've had 2 D&Cs and it did solve some issues for me.
    Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
    Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

I hope your daughter's gyn doc continues to evaluate what is going on, and if they have hit a roadblock, then a second opinion is in order.

I was told at a young age that I needed a hysterectomy. Glad I got a second opinion.

Comment

If she has spinal lesions then I think it may be "normal" so to speak. I have abdominal pain and lower back pain, I do believe it is MS related due to the nerve damage in my spine. I have a great massage therapist who does great abdominal work.

Comment

The lower abdomen pain and back pain can definitely be from MS. I can get random pains in the strangest places for no reason. With her period being irregular it could be due to stress. As much as it's a blanket term for whatever's wrong it truly can mess with your menstrual cycle.

There's also PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) it's quite common, can cause abdominal pain, male patterned hair growth (not really beards or anything that bad but bad enough that you may need to wax/shave your neck, chin, upper lip almost daily), carrying your weight in your midsection, lowered vitamin D levels (MS causes that too so it's tough to tell) basically a lot of hormonal junk going on, I know it's called poly cystic but they may not find cysts and still diagnose PCOS. I have it myself. If I leave my neck alone for a few days, I have serious neck beard going on.

I have no idea if that's what it is but it may be something to mention to the OB/GYN if any of those symptoms sound familiar.

Comment

Pain!

Thanks for all your replies. Was on here Mar 15 about my daughters pain. She went to her gyn this week, had pap smear done. Had CT of lower stomach and vaginal ultra-sound done, neg. Has been bleeding on and off for two months, yes she has PCOS, hoping pap comes back neg. Put her on two antibiotics for what the gyn thinks is an infection which has caused her tissues to be very sensitive. Also started the new drug Gilenya this week, on top of all these issues. So far so good, heart rate did good for the initial start up. Will update later.

Comment

Working...
            X