Knee pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee pain

My legs have become increasingly weaker over the last several months but I'm still able to walk, just slower and I have trouble with stairs.

Yesterday, my knew started hurting, but not all the time. Only everynow and then but it's a sharp pain when it does hurt. I can stand and walk and it comes out of no where. My question, as one's legs get weaker and one is heading towards a cane are there progressive steps.

Am I walking differently, so causing pain in my knee that comes and goes depending on the step or would this just be something that has nothing to do with MS.

I know all of you can only give opinions, btw. I jsut wandered if this happened to others as a progression in leg weekness.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

My knees are giving out on me quite a bit, they do fine for a while and then all of a sudden shooting pains.
    I am walking with a walker for now to keep from falling. My pt says that there is a big difference between walking with a walker and a cane, and that a cane can cause some more stress for one knee over the other.

Comment

I also find I am having more problems with one knee. It varies, sometimes I have to use just my other, stronger knee when climbing any steps.

Gomer . .Dr of Been There, Done That

Comment

Lendi,

It would be a good idea to see your PCP about your knee pain, not everything is caused by MS.

Not long after I was diagnosed with MS (age 24) I had x-rays done on my knees...I have arthritis in both.

I hyper-extend both legs (caused by MS) which is also hard on your knees. It feels wonderful to be on the Elliptical where I can bend my legs/knees correctly without pain.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Last week i went to doc who i see ever 6 months, was telling her how much my knees had hurt over Christmas caused me to not do my excersize routine i had planned & when i told her it was my knees she said i might be having some arthritis starting who was it who said growing old is not for the faint hearted? I think we should get bonus points for growing old with ms.
          xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
          X