Come back in 6 months...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come back in 6 months...

I am still in limbo and got a bit frustrated today with my Neuro. A year ago I had a "border line normal" MRI, couple weeks ago a VEP was abnormal so I had a LP and it showed oligoclonal banding. The neuro told me to come back in 6 months for re-evaluation. It kind of seems to me like he is doing things backwards. I have started a journal of my symptoms which I will bring to him in 6 months. All I really know about the test that have been run is I can't get a straight answer.

You need a second opinion in mine. Good luck.
    Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I would take the results of your 3 tests and seek out another neuro's opinion. This will help you to know if you need to have other tests or is this something that they both are comfortable waiting 6 months.
      Jen

Comment

Welcome Crudegirl. I am in limbo also and have been doing alot of research. I can tell you that I have learned that it is possible for a lesion to reabsorb in other words disappear from view on a mri. Also it takes multiple lesions in time and space. Meaning lesion in more then one cns quadrant and more then one attack. Having o-bands and abnormal vep are not enough to give a dx. He is most likely rescheduling a mri in hopes that new lesions will appear in that time span to be able to give a dx. Why six months I don't know, the min. amount of time is 30 days. Belive me I understand the frustration but hang in there.
        COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

I think my frustration stems from the fact that my MRI was over a year ago and now 2 abnomal tests in a month and he just says, well come back later. Ugh. There are not alot of Neurologists in my area. Actually, the closest is 4 hours away. But on the bright side, in 6 months I may have this round of bills paid off and can start another!

Comment

Working...
          X