So scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So scared

I have blurry vision in my right eye which I suspect is optic neuritis. I am so scared because I keep on reading online that it leads to MS. Is this always the case? I feel so terrified and afraid to get an MRI

I hate to hear you are experiencing these difficulties, but and MRI is a totally painless test. I think it is critical that you bite the bullet and get the test. You need to know what is going on with your health. I wish you luck
    Olivia ;-)

Comment

ON does not ALWAYS lead to MS dx. Take a deep breath and relax. ((hug)) Hang in there...it may not be MS at all.
      "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

ON is a common symptom of MS, but does not necessarily indicate MS. It's worth going to an eye doctor. They can tell you if it's ON and not something else - believe it or not, dry eye can cause blurriness.

Comment

HUGS. You *must* have the MRI. Remember the quote "do something everyday that scares you" or something like that - this one is very necessary. Have you seen an eye doctor for the vision, do they also suspect ON? ON is not always from MS. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other. HUGS
          Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
          ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Blurry vision can be caused by many different things besides just ON. As mentioned, dry eyes from looking at a computer screen too long (you blink less which can dry out your eyes), allergies, aging, near-sightedness, far-sightedness, posterior vitreous detachment, retinal detachment, etc. can cause blurred vision. You really need to see an eye doctor and get it checked because it could be something that needs immediate attention.

Good luck and hugs,

Lisa
            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Sorry guys, in my worry I forgot to provide you with complete info. I did go to an ophthalmologist last month and he did several tests, he found the optic nerve to be healthy and didn't really mention ON at all. I am supposed to go for a visual field test on Thursday. He didnt know why I am seeing blurry out of one eye as it wasnt really a vision problem because the lenses didnt affect it. My mom's friend who is a neurologist in another state suggested I get an MRI done.

Also I have been clinically depressed for the past 7 months and lost 18 lbs due to not eating the right way. I don't know if a deficiency in vitamins can cause certain eye nerve problems. This is all new and very scary to me =[

Comment

Originally posted by AshNight View Post
                Sorry guys, in my worry I forgot to provide you with complete info. I did go to an ophthalmologist last month and he did several tests, he found the optic nerve to be healthy and didn't really mention ON at all. I am supposed to go for a visual field test on Thursday. He didnt know why I am seeing blurry out of one eye as it wasnt really a vision problem because the lenses didnt affect it. My mom's friend who is a neurologist in another state suggested I get an MRI done.
                If your vision is still blurry, I'd highly recommend going to see a neuro-opthamologist if there's one in your area. They tend to be able to figure this kind of thing out, sometimes a little bit more quickly than a regular eye doctor.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                X