Metallic taste and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metallic taste and MS

I was diagnosed with MS in 2004. I have the "common" symptoms from time to time. One thing that began soon after my diagnosis and trying Rebif and Avonex is a metallic taste in my mouth. It's horrible! My tongue feels scorched and it just tastes like I have tons of metal in my mouth. At first, it would come and go. For the last year, I'd say my mouth has tasted and felt this way pretty much every day. I've mentioned it to my neurologist, but he doesn't seem to think it has anything to do with MS. My dentist doesn't have a clue and has recently referred me to see The Department of Stomatology at Baylor.

Just curious to know if ANYONE with MS has this symptom????

Trying to figure out if this is MS related or dental related...

Yeah really good question!

All I can say is yes, I have had this problem but it was after IV steroids due to a flare. It left after the streroids were done.

What does your primary doc say?

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

It might have more to do with your MS than you think. It has been associated with a B12 deficiency. Here is a link--

http://www.cigna.com/healthinfo/nord234.html

Here is the defininiton of Subacute Degeneration of the Spinal Cord from the Institutes of Health--"Subacute Combined Degeneration of the Spinal Cord is caused by a B-12 deficiency." Those symptoms are almost identical to MS as are the symptoms of dysautonomia.(Also caused by a B12 deficiency. Please look up the symptoms of both and see if you don't have a light bulb moment.

Comment

Working...
      X