Tinkle, tinkle little bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinkle, tinkle little bladder

Sorry for the title. I have to see the humor in this or I'll just cry.

I've been having some bladder problems lately, especially frequency and barely making it to the bathroom. When I gotta go, I gotta go - right then!!! So far, I've been able to make it, though I've had several close calls.

But last night, when I was in my kitchen feeding my kitties, I had a bladder mishap just out of nowhere. I didn't have any urgency, didn't feel like I needed to go, wasn't even thinking about going, but just out of nowhere the tinkling began. I was so upset because this hasn't happened before. It's very embarrassing, and I worry about this happening while I'm out or at work or something.

Other than resorting to diapers, is there anything (medications or something) I can do to prevent this from happening again? I'm also wondering if this is related to whatever neurological problem I have. I'm not having any other symptoms right now other than my left forearm going numb for a couple of hours last week and right now, my left leg is tight and hurting. But I doubt these things constitute a flare.

I feel so ashamed and embarrassed and worried! Can anyone else relate?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Oddly enough, I can relate. My neuro put me on Ditropan to help with my bladder problems. I had extreme urgency and wasn't making it to the bathroom at night. Definitely embarrassing! I'm on 5mg at night. It makes a world of difference!
    Rae Roy

Comment

Shashi,

Have you been checked for a UTI? If not, you should.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

kinda have the same problem, but being a guy its more easy for me to improvise lol non theless i use oxybutin it helps me alot , the other little blue pill LOL

Comment

Hi,
          Does the Ditropan cause you to retain ?

I have the same problem as many do unfortunately and it was suggested that I train my small bladder by taking ditropan and then self cath every 4-6 hours. So the ditropan would force me to retain and then self cath to basically train my bladder to hold more.

I (currently) chose not to go this route; one I'm not happy to self cath and two concern re: infections from both retaining and self cath.

A trade off for one problem over another

Comment

After getting checked for a UTI and if everything is OK, might want to try increasing magnesium intake.
            Jen

Comment

I recently saw my neuro and described the same symptoms of the unsuspecting urine leakage and also having urgency that doesn't always give me time to make it to the potty. My neuro doesn't want to add another medication into my regimen and neither did I. She is having me checked for an UTI and she wants me to train my bladder. I am to void or try to void every 2 hours that I am awake. I am also to restrict fluids after 7:00 p.m. and void before I go to bed. I'm only on day 2 of the new schedule and so far so good. Hope you find something that works for you!!

Comment

bladder..

I have bladder issues also, have discussed them here before.. prolasped bladder, frequent urgency (20 to 30 x a day/night!). makes sleep impossible, and tried soooo many meds! ditropan is one i will def ask about!!!!
                your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X