Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think they did animal testing on copaxone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think they did animal testing on copaxone?

My dog just ate my shot.........I left it on the coffee table and went to stir the goulash and came back in and it was chewed up on the floor. Now what? I actually forgot I had put it there, I hate short term memory, and its been worse the last couple of weeks. I think most of the shot probably went into the rug, but its just one more thing to worry about!

My dog has eaten mine before also but I was more worried about the glass shards. Hopefully he will be fine.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Thanks for responding, Ive been checking on him every few minutes. After having had a bunch of those IPIR's I was feeling concerned about him.

Comment

could you just call and check with your vet? Mine is really good about my calling if it's something like that. I called her once because my "grandpuppy" ate one of those silicone packets and it was probably 9:00 at night.

Anyway, I know what you mean aobut the short term memory. It gets me into trouble sometimes for sure. Hoping all is well with your pup.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I am sorry your dog ate your med. I hope you have heard from your vet and he is okay. HUGS.
          Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
          ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

thanks!

for responding, hes doing well. No adverse reactions like the ones I have lol. I think when he bit through the glass the solution might have just gone into the rug. I checked his mouth for glass cuts and he didnt have any. I always try to hide anything I think he might chew up, he just turned 2 and usually it is just expensive books. Why he went for the shot I will never know, it takes me hours to get up the courage to shoot myself

Comment

I'm happy to hear your pup is doing ok. Now, if you ever figure out how it's (or most dogs, lol) mind works you'll make a fortune. They do seem to love chewing on some really strange stuff. I have a well read pup, too. It took her awhile to train me to keep my books out of her reach.
              What if trials of this life
              Are Your mercies in disguise?
              "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I think the reason Copaxone is given as a shot is because it is not absorbed when taken orally. If that is true for dogs as well as humans, he should be OK!

Comment

Copaxone, as are the Interferons, is a Protein, so the stomach just consumes it like a food. Why the Copaxone pills never worked out. My only concern would be any glass, but I think the syringe is plastic with Copaxone?
                  Bill
                  Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Working...
                  X