X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have PM

Box?
    Thank you.

No, members cannot exchange PMs on MSWorld.

Comment

We used to have one. It was nice, but that was way back before they started censoring all our posts.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

The function was disabled as too many arguments were taking place privately, and that is not what our website is all about.
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
          The function was disabled as too many arguments were taking place privately, and that is not what our website is all about.
          I always figured it kind of acted as an avenue to defuse some of the more passionate debates. I can remember *****ing to my friends, that I made through that pm feature, about certain lines of thinking and therefore resisting the urge to add my unpopular 2 cents on the board.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
            We used to have one. It was nice, but that was way back before they started censoring all our posts.
            We do not censor all members' posts. We do read each post before validating it to appear on the board. This is done to eliminate spam and the very occasional post that violates MSWorld's guidelines.

We bend over backwards not to alter what members post in any way, and to validate any post that we possibly can.

Comment

Wow am I getting old in my 30's.. what is a PM??? Is this like a IM? I don't know and am sitting here laughing at myself becuase I have no clue.
              COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

Hi Greg

Private Message = PM

Take care,
                KoKo
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

LOL ok well at least I figuered it out just had to ask to be sure. IM, PM same thing ok gotta luv technology. Thanks
                  COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                    This is done to eliminate spam and the very occasional post that violates MSWorld's guidelines.
                    Seems like a lot of work just to prevent some spam and the very occasional post.

I'm just saying it was nice to be able to write back and forth in real time with people on the board and imvho it definitely seemed that more diverse thoughts were expressed.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                      Seems like a lot of work just to prevent some spam and the very occasional post.
                      It's a lot of work either way, Jules.

If all posts appear automatically, the moderators have to watch the board like hawks 24/7 so we can delete the problematic ones before they can cause any damage...and sometimes one gets past us. Plus, you might be surprised by how much spam there is to deal with.

With full moderation, we still have to try to cover the board 24/7, but there's a little wiggle room...and far less chance of problem posts disrupting the business of "patients helping patients."

We don't mind the work; it's what we signed up for.

Comment

I just want to say; Thanks, mods for all of your hard work in making MS World a pleasant and knowledgeable place to be.
                        What if trials of this life
                        Are Your mercies in disguise?
                        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I do remember some bad stuff openly posted on this Board and respect that new rules had to be implemented (and again, too bad just a couple rotten apples always spoil it for the whole bunch).

This being said, I LOVED the PMs and miss them. Very few people put their e-mails in their profiles, and I don't know if that is their choice or if it's just more complicated than people messing with. I did it, but I think I needed to be told 3 times or so how to do it! LOL.

Being that this is a G-rated site and we are adults, it was nice to have an avenue to express ourselves without restraint. Were people "telling" on each other to the mods? I think there must be a story here, but I guess I'll never know it.
                          Tawanda

Comment

Working...
                          X