what is happening to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is happening to me?

This week I had an important exam. I stayed up too late studying (12:30 a.m.). I never do this - but I need to keep my exam grades decent in this course. Anyhow I should have prepared differently, but I didn't and stayed up too late. The next day I had lab until 6:30 after having a full day of classes and trying to deal with schedualing a surgery for my five year old bleeding disorder son. I was experiencing vertigo and stumbling by the end of the day. It was pretty obvious I needed to get bed. When i finally got there I couldn't fall asleep until midnight. Next day I also couldn't sleep until after midnight even though I am exhausted again having symptoms telling me I am exhausted and needing sleep. Last night too.

This morning I wake UP exhausted. My tounge has a patch of numbness, I had a hot flash right away and almost fainted, my muscles are spasming already and I have to stay sitting already. I don't know what to do. I have only had one flare, and it started with ON. I figured that for starters today I would stay sitting or in bed all day doing homework and taxes. Should I take a seditive tonight before bed? Do I need to call the neuro?

Thank you!!
    Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

You might want to call your neuro or PCP. It sounds like you need to get the sleep issue under control before you can be sure you're having a flare. Right now, it sounds like a possible pseudo-exacerbation, based on lack of sleep... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be treated. Just explain the situation as you did to us!

Comment

Originally posted by heliotrope View Post
      You might want to call your neuro or PCP. It sounds like you need to get the sleep issue under control before you can be sure you're having a flare. Right now, it sounds like a possible pseudo-exacerbation, based on lack of sleep... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be treated. Just explain the situation as you did to us!
      I think I do need to call. I am having a really hard time walking. Both with leg pain and just general making them work issues
      Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
      ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Working...
      X