Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Mar 6 '11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies Mar 6 '11

Welcome to Rest Area 51... a special haven or your New MS family for newbies Dx'd w/MS in recent days or years and newbies at . Being a newbie can be as scary and lonely as being in limbo, The BIG question answered, means many more new questions and decisions.

If you have not taken a advantage of our Rest Area 51 lately, PLEASE grace us with your presence, take a break from the MSuper hwy and let us know how YOU, a member of our MS newbies family is doing. For those who stop in and say hello each week, thanks.

Hope everyone had a great week!

Pull into a nice cozy shady parking spot Pitch a tent or just lay out a blanket and enjoy the crisp cool fresh air . Feel free to share your ideas, experiences and support to your fellow newbies. Relax, you are among friends that understand. We have a virtual soap box, feel free to vent anytime.

Remember:
    Have a QUESTION? Please don't be shy........
    The only dumb stupid question.....
    ..........................is the one NOT asked.

How was your Week? ........

...Good I hope, Any Dr. apts tests etc?

What does the new week have in store for you?
    ....Any Dr. apts. tests etc.

Gomer Dr. of, Been There, Done That

Hi All!
    i've been increadible busy lately so i haven't been around much. Visiting MIL in rehab, looking at nursing homes for her and now reteriment homes as she didn't qualify for a nursing homes under our goverments new push to keep everyone at home. which pisses me off as SHE dosen't want to come home, its not us saying she can't come home.

we've also been purging, cleaning & painting our house to put it up for sale. (I have way too much stuff)

so needless to say, i've been tired and stressed so the MS symptoms have been having a party in my body!!
    had a neuro appt this past tuesday, nothing new to report there, she didn't seem real concerned with any of my symptoms, assuming they are all stress induced.

We're going to put an offer in on a condo today which i really want! we're thinking long term and going for no stairs, no lawn to care for and most importantly no snow to shovel! I'm only 36 but have no idea where this MonSter will take me physically, and my husband is 20 years older than me so he wont be able to do everything forever. Wish us luck!

I hope eveyone has a great week!!

Comment

Earthbox

I have flowers, orchids, plants and a Earthbox. (mini garden). I have been working outside in each of my areas. I can't do anything big but my small gardens bring a lot of joy.

I finally got the Tomatoe plants in the Earthbox yesterday. The always produce more than we can eat so we dry some of them at the end of the season. Fortunately Florida has two growing seasons so we get plenty of tomatoes.

I will see my new PCP this week. I am still having swelling and pain in the front and back of my knee. I can't do much with it. I am hoping he will send me to an Ortho to look at it. The tendons in the back and the swollen knee keep me from using it.

For those of you who don't know what happened I thought that I was spiritually advanced enough to walk on air. I was up on a ladder, turned and stepped off of the third step from the top. Apparently my spiritual faith was not sufficient. I crashed knee first into the floor of my carport.
      I haven't been the same since. I hate ER's but this time I went and had X-Rays. Nothing broken. Wife says I need to just rest it. I am not going to argue with that therapy. At least I got my tomatoes in.

Have a great week
      Dave
      J.

Comment

It's been a relatively quiet week around here....I have a follow up appt with my Neuro on Thursday. I've been taking my Rebif 3x a week for about two weeks now - don't mind the shots so much and haven't had too many side effects (obviously I'm still on titration at this point), except for when I injected in either of my upper thighs. Definitely didn't like that so much (legs hurt and felt very warm to the touch, almost burning like) - maybe I'll ask the Neuro if I can skip those injection sites? I've got tons more... LOL Although it seems kind of weird that my legs are the only place I seem to get a reaction...

The MS symptoms are starting to drive me nuts. I'm at the point now where I've been newly diagnosed and am still kind of coming to terms with it, and not sure if I'm making up symptoms in my head because of everything I've been reading, or what's going on. I think I have major spasticity in my legs because my right leg always feels ridiculously stiff and painful along with my foot. Also, the muscle twitches are insane and really starting to get to me. It's not so much just at night when my muscles are tired - it's any time of day, anywhere on my body. Sometimes the jerking is more significant than others, but it's always there. And also, my tongue and mouth have started feeling numb... I'm going crazy!!

I don't know whether I should ask the Neuro to give me something to help with the twitchees. I don't even know if anything would help. I don't want to be on a million medications from the outset (since I've got forever to live with this disease, right?) but at the same time I've been this way for at least a month and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I'm not sure if I'm in the middle of a relapse or not. I know that since the symptoms started in December 2010 there have been only a few days when I've felt totally symptom-free...

Oh, and the fatigue is enough to drive me crazy, as well. This is like the fourth weekend in a row where I literally have just laid on my butt and did the bare minimum that could still be described as clinically alive... LOL I don't know if it's more emotional at this point (again, newly diagnosed) or if it really is an MS fatigue thing....

I'm just so confused right now! It's all starting to sink in that this is something that I'm just gonna have to deal with forever, and I'll probably never really ever feel "great" again...

Of course, quitting smoking during all this hasn't really helped, either. :P 2 weeks without cigs as of last Friday. Can't believe I did it, can't believe I'm still doing it, and still want one more than ever. Sweet Tarts Chicks, Ducks and Bunnies are helping.

Sorry for the long and rambling post Just having confidence and emotional hiccups I guess...thanks for listening!!
        Kristen
        DX'd 2.9.11
        Has NO idea what she's doing

Comment

So this week has been somewhat of a turning point for me. Seems that I'm getting adjusted to the shock of being dx'd. Now it's coming to terms with it. Just the normal trials of a newbie!

More and more symtoms are coming on My right arm twitches. My legs are tight and achy at night. Balence stills stinks. And everything that I put in my hands seems to find it's way to the floor minus my efforts to stop it.

My right side of my face is still non-existant even after the steroid infusions over a week ago. Which the treatments have given me wonderful sores in my mouth - yipee!!

I start my Copaxone this week, it should be here by Thursday. Maybe after some time it'll help, I'm Hopeful!!

We are still in cold weather here with traces of snow still left behind. Gotta love Wisconsin!
          Tomorrow's Monday, have a great week everybody!!

SPRING'S COMIN'
          Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
          Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Doc Gomer called !

I'm not sure of the cause but Gomer called me here in Tampa to say that "...in the land of ice and snow he has found his system is out and he can't get on-line." He says, "...hello to all and he hopes to be back up and running soon."

Dave
            J.

Comment

Silence

You know that just because Gomer is out of commission for a day or two doesn't mean everybody should shut down. Lets keep the conversation going so he will have something to read when he gets is system back up.

Lets keep talking. What's going on with everybody this week. Appointsments?

Dave
              J.

Comment

Hi Dave - I don't have a lot to share, but I thought I would stop in and say hello. My next appointment is not until the end of April where I will follow up with the neuro to see how the Copaxone is working.

In the mean time I am looking forward to some nice spring weather later this week

Comment

Hi Crew...
                  ........Yep
                  ............It's GOMER!

Been battling incompatent AT&T service. Our tel line has gone out 4 or 5 times in about 2 weeks, so far.
                  One ATT came out last week, did not FIX problem properly, KNEW the junction post was damaged, left a rats nest of wires open at ground level. Same guy Came again yesterday, (w/stupidvisor?). tucked the rats nest of wires back in the shatered post. He placed a plastic bag over teh wires and phone line went 100% DEAD, and he fled the sceen, so yet another trouble call

As of this afternoon its WORKing, so far.

Had eye doc apt today, and good to go. He is the doc that opened the MS can-o-worms in 2009 and led to a formal Dx.

J-man musta been out with his head in the garden root dept???? (when I rang him)

Well more latur gaturs.......

Comment

Doc

I was. You gotta do what you can before the temperaturs get up to torch level.

Your phone system sounds like pre-WWI.

Take care.
                    Dave
                    J.

Comment

Hi all

Not much going on with me this week. Workng onb asement. I have so much junk, but finally ready to get rid of some of it. Long drawn out process cause I reminisce and look through stuff before I decide, but I have nothing but time, so I just do a little bit each day. Dh loves seeing those bags of garbage getting thrown out and other ones for Goodwill. I am beginning to like this downsizing. Now that I am home alone all day, I realize I do not need all the stuff I thought I did.

Cooked for dd and family last night and went to gymnastics with her anbd grandaughter. Always fun. Friday is dh b day, so family is going out to dinner and back here for cake and ice cream. Quiet day for all. He was 60 last year, so that was big party.

Have a good week all. Waiting for my prisms, of course, they have to order them. I feel like I may never be able to see correctly again.

JudySz

Comment

GOMER's got DSL!

Well the tel-line is fixed, again, properly I hope this time. Also got my DSL up and running for the first time this afternoon...Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe over a few months I can try and catch up and watch VIDEOs on the web even, now that I have DSL.

Saw my eye doc Tue, the doc that opened the MS can-o-worms that, in the end, led to my FORMAL MS Dx just over a year ago. I THANKED him for the (bad?) news that in a way was GOOD news, it connected a lot of decades of dots.

Jman...my phone sys, partime?, has been worse than WW1. BUT...I hope its FIXED for a while and plan to go to VOiP next. (might save on cell minutes for long distance calls)

Comment

Working...
                        X