describe your relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

describe your relapse

Hi there....newly diagnosed. In june 2009 woke with slurring words, right sided numbness and dizzy spells which lasted 3 days...all went well. This past Monday i woke with numb fingers on left hand which over the next 3 days evolved into whole hand numbness,numbness in tioes and now it is moving into left calf. NOw the bottom of my left foot feels like there is a bunched up sock when i walk...am i going crazy? Could this be a pinched nerve or is this a relapse? Do relapses also get worse before they get better? As much as ive read on this disease nothing makes sense. Am i going crazy?

So far, all of my relapses (I think 5 now, if you include the relapses before official diagnosis) have gotten worse before getting better. I've noticed that they all tend to worsen, for me, in the first 48 hours of the symptom - and by that I mean the single symptom might get worse of additional symptoms "pop up."

Other than my very first relapse (ON blinding left eye for about 4-5 weeks a few years ago) each relapse has held multiple issues for me. Like you, tingling in a hand or arm may spread down and include my hip or entire leg. Or I may have vision issues then spasticity in my arm will join that. Or I'll have memory issues and balance issues. You get the picture.

Having said that, what you're experiencing might be a pinched nerve and not part of MS. Not knowing what you're feeling and not being a doctor, I wouldn't try to make that call for you. But if you haven't already told your neuro. about it, I certainly thinking calling and mentioning it was be the smart thing to do. Good luck to you. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Comment

Same Story

Originally posted by Renegade44 View Post
      Hi there....newly diagnosed. In june 2009 woke with slurring words, right sided numbness and dizzy spells which lasted 3 days...all went well. This past Monday i woke with numb fingers on left hand which over the next 3 days evolved into whole hand numbness,numbness in tioes and now it is moving into left calf. NOw the bottom of my left foot feels like there is a bunched up sock when i walk...am i going crazy? Could this be a pinched nerve or is this a relapse? Do relapses also get worse before they get better? As much as ive read on this disease nothing makes sense. Am i going crazy?
      Hi Renegade,
      I had the same symptoms as you when I was first dx’d with MS Jan. 2011. My doctors assumed that it was a pinched nerve because it started in my foot and within three days it was my whole right side of my body. They finally decided since it was moving so quickly that it was not a pinched nerve and I had no pain, just numbness. We ran some tests and 2 days later I was dx’d with MS. I would most definitely call your neuro. He or she should be able to give you more info on it! Hope all goes well!
      Ash

Comment

Working...
      X