how long does average relapse last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long does average relapse last

Hi there...just diagnosed yesterday, I have numb left hands and fingers that feel like they will explode along with numb left foot. ANy one have an idea how long this will last? Is there anything that one can do to aleviate the symptons? Im not on any MS drugs and the doctor said i should avoid steroids for this time. Any help will be appreciated?

Unfortunately, there's no "normal" for flares. I've had 1 week flares and 4 month flares - and I've only been diagnosed for a year. Hopefully someone can help with your symptoms.

Comment

With MS words like average, normal and standard simply do not apply, relapse vary in length.

Besides meds going on an anti-inflation diet and supplements should help reduce how long it last.
      Here is link to a nice list of supplements
      http://www.stopagingnow.com/liveinth...ents-that-work

And for diet I prefer the IF system in “The inflammation Free diet Plan” and that NutritionData.com uses.
      http://nutritiondata.self.com/help/inflammation

Using anti-inflammatory spices is a big part of my diet, you can web search to get a list and find ones you like. If you can’t get fresh, a good quality and good price place to get spices is penzeys.com.
      Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

depends

my most recent relapse started Dec 4 2010 and the symptoms are finally diminishing to the point that I rarely notice any balance or vision issues, except when stressed. It was really bad for about 1.5-2 months and had been slowly but steadily improving for the last month or so. This is not to say that you, me or anybody else's relapses will follow the same course. I still feel the fatigue most days, but treat it with meds.

Comment

my longest symptom lasted for 2 years, that was balance. by then i was thinking it was perment but luckily it didn't turn out to be so. it wasn't as good as before the relapse, but much better than it had been for 2 years

i read an article from an ms clinic that explained that nerves heal so slowly, that a person can't tell there is an improvement from day to day, it seems like it is the same every day until finally a person realizes its much better than it was...it causes healing to give the same impression as a relapse that suddenly happens, but healing is so slow and gradual a person just notices suddenly that it is better.

so hang in there, its happening slowly. one day you will notice its better.
          xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
          X