Just about pee'd in my pants...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about pee'd in my pants...

...No wait, I did pee in my pants! I've had issues for years with my bladder, but today has been a whole new experience. I could not make it to the bathroom today and peed my pants. Three times. My docs ask me at every visit if I've lost bladder control and up until today, the answer has been no. So I'm freaking out and embarrassed (even though I was at home). What does loss of bladder control mean for us? Will this keep happening? I'm calling my neuro first thing in the morning, but does anyone have any experience with this?
    Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Gypsy.....unfortunately, I have to welcome you to my world, and the world of many other MS'ers out there! Many a time I would be undoing my pants on the way to the bathroom...save time, and still not make it! Poise, Depends, etc., do help to prevent the embarrassment of it going all the way through your clothes......
    We go from diapering our children, to our children diapering us!
    Hugs to you.....
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Hello gypsy.

Im not good with all the medical terminology but I have sort of the opposite effect. It takes while for it to open and flow out urine.

I have to change my boxers and pants sometimes because a little bit of urine leaks out.

Its more embarrassing to mention this but in the 9 years Ive had MS I have had 2 situations where I could not make it to a toilet before having a bowel movement.

Your not alone!

I hope it gets better for you soon.

Comment

I'm also beginning to experience those bladder control issues... How does one know if they are MS related or just being 50??
        Thanks!

Comment

bluenose95....tiny tinkle, could be MS or 50... BIG tinkle, MS
          MS, it's a brain thang!
          Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

bluenose
            I'm also beginning to experience those bladder control issues... How does one know if they are MS related or just being 50??
            Initially, your doctor or neurologist would want to have your urine checked for a bladder infection, which is not uncommon in persons with MS.

A urologist can then perform tests to determine the cause of the bladder dysfunction, which is often times a neurogenic bladder caused by MS.

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

i have the same problem.... my nuero prescribed some little blue pills called Oxybiuton they help alot

Comment

I also have these problems & they began the year I turned 30 so I don't think it's age related.

Last fall I finally admitted I have a problem, started w/PCP then to neuro who said it was MS related & sent me to a uro. That doc ordered a bunch of tests but after I learned the cost, I canceled the appointment.

I came here instead, to Tara's thread & asked. What I learned is that magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer. I had almost immediate results (within hrs) after beginning 400mg 2X/day.

Side effect of magnesium is a laxative effect, but since I tend towards the constipated side this isn't an issue for me.

I also have problem w/bowels but thankfully only about once a year. It's embarrassing enough when I'm alone, but last time was at my stepson's house. They were very kind about it.
                DX 10/2008
                Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Been there myself, happened when I wasn't feeling well at a store. Couldn't make it to the bathroom in time, peed in my pants. I was already on magnesium so I just up the dose and it really does help me.
                  Jen

Comment

not alone

I'm just 33 yrs old and have had trouble with incontinence of bowel and bladder for years. I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago. I have used Detrol for the bladder and it does help. You do have to be sure you are emptying your bladder by having the urologist or doc bladder scan you. If you're not emptying you could have chronic UTI's contributing to the problem. Good luck.

Comment

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this either. The problem I have at times is having a full bladder within minutes of going to the restroom. I called my neuro and explained how I had to go 4 times in 20 minutes and it was a little drip it was a full bladder. Other times it takes forever to flow. I have found myself pushing down upon my bladder trying to make it come out and it won't. I hate not having control over my bladder.

Comment

I don't think it's an age thing, I'm 32. I called my neuro and she's asking my primary doc to write a referral for a urologist.

I've had problems for years with leakage and voiding when I sneeze or cough, but never because I just couldn't make it. And three times in one day!
                        Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

The Urologist will be able to determine if the problem is you can't hold it, medication for that, or if you are retaining. If you are retaining there are medications, but sometimes they don't do much for you. What will work is cathaturizing, ensures complete emptying.

Never pass up the opportunity to pee.
                          Bill
                          Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Originally posted by wkikta View Post
                            The Urologist will be able to determine if the problem is you can't hold it, medication for that, or if you are retaining. If you are retaining there are medications, but sometimes they don't do much for you. What will work is cathaturizing, ensures complete emptying.

Never pass up the opportunity to pee.
                            I'm a little worried it's the second one. I know tons of people do the self-cath thing, but it's just one more reminder of the turn my life has taken.

Comment

Bowel & Bladder

This place is such a great place to be apart of. I wish we all lived in our own community so that we would not feel alone in our individual worlds. I have urinary frequency and urgency. I have never actually gone but I stay pretty close to home and work and use the restroom pretty much every time I see a restroom sign.

I also know that when I feel the need to have a bowel movement, I better not wait like I was able to in the past.

Thanks for always affirming I am not alone.
                              Patti
                              Diagnosed 2/11/99
                              Avonex 3/2/99
                              Tried Tecfidera for 3 weeks. Couldn't handle side affects. Back on Avonex, for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X