Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/3/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/3/11

Hi Everyone. Did you all watch the Oscars? It was fun to see all of the svelte women with their extraordinary attire. I am sure they could tell us a thing or two about losing weight and keeping it off. Jennifer Hudson is a case in point. Hurray for her. We saw two losses and one stayed the same this week but I was not one of them. I really don’t know why this sudden weight gain. I have now cut walnuts from my diet to see if they are the culprit. I do hate losing the omega 3 though. But I feel like I have no choice right now. I gained another half pound this week putting me at 119.

Sparky, I’m sorry you had a bad week. It sounds like you are as mystified by your gain as I am by mine. But we will get a handle on it now. I predict we will both do better next time.

Poohb3ar, Good week. I hope you made out all right at the potluck. It is a real challenge when confronted by a wide array of yummy choices. I am rooting for you.

MamaBug, You posted your total loss but not the one for this week so I put you for down one pound although it may be more. You said you went below 150 which is a real milestone. Congratulations.

Ccsitter, sorry we missed you again this week. I do hope everything is O.K.

Agate, I’m sorry about your gain, but I just know you will do better this week. It can be difficult when you are so close to your goal. With Spring on the way things are looking up.

Victory1, good for you for staying the same. I am sure avoiding munching at night is a challenge given that you are on the second shift. Keep up the good work.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.
    Tip for the Week:

There is something I don’t believe I have mentioned before maybe because it no longer applies to me and hasn’t for a very long time. Anyone who has not gone through menopause can expect to see weight changes during the month because of hormone related fluid variation. For some the shift may be several pounds over the course of a month. The low point is expected to be following menstruation. That could account for some fluctuation from week to week.

Weight loss Results for 2/24/11:

Total Loss:

5.4 pounds by two members. You can both take a bow. Keep up the good work and you will reach your goal before you know it.

Total Gain:

4.5 pounds by three members. Reporting gains is an important part of the process. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the future. I just know you will do better in the coming week.

Stayed the same:

1 member. Remember, staying the same truly is success. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

3036.58 is the total weight loss for the past 8 years. Now that we have hit 1.5 tons we are on our way to losing two tons.

2/23 - 3/1 Lost 1.0 lbs

2/23 - 3/1 (Only 6 days. On vacation and can't weigh in 7 days. Will factor in the extra day next week.)
    Lost 1.0 lbs.

Total: 24 weeks. Since September, lost 31.6 lbs.
    (Last week, Karen, I lost 1.2 lbs. Sorry I didn't put the weekly total in my post.)

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

stayed the same this week. my body seems to like 175.5. i'll get below then go back up to it! it's frustrating!
      mamabug, i may have to crack down and do spark. you definitely are having success with it.
      at least i'm not craving sweets like i usually do. eating lots more veges and salads then ever before- even at potlucks! did okay thru TWO of them this week!
      at least i'm not going up, but i'd sure like to be down lower. don't we all!
      oh well, will not give up the fight!!!
      take care and God bless ya'll!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

np, Sparky. But, you don't have to log anything, if you don't want to. Lots of good articles to read, and SparkTeams to join for support, even if you don't log your food.

But, maybe you don't even wanna bother with that. Just cuz it's a great tool for me doesn't mean that it works for everyone. "Do what works" for you, I always say.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I stayed the same this week--116. At least no gain.
          "No gain, no pain."

Congratulations to everyone who lost!
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

It's that time again, weighin, I mean. Karen

Comment

Working...
            X